Fantasy baseball for the iPhone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 am

Nice iPhone update today! Adding and dropping players
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bignoggins » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am

Havok1517 wrote:Nice iPhone update today! Adding and dropping players

FantasyMonster has had this from the beginning.

Plus you can...

drag and drop to edit lineups
automatically set daily/weekly lineups
trade players
post to message board
view live scores
check player news and injuries
read headlines
veto trades, accept trades, cancel waivers
view the latest transactions

none of which Yahoo! supports at all =)

http://www.fantasymonsterapp.com/
bignoggins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 am

bignoggins wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Nice iPhone update today! Adding and dropping players

FantasyMonster has had this from the beginning.

Plus you can...

drag and drop to edit lineups
automatically set daily/weekly lineups
trade players
post to message board
view live scores
check player news and injuries
read headlines
veto trades, accept trades, cancel waivers
view the latest transactions

none of which Yahoo! supports at all =)

http://www.fantasymonsterapp.com/

Yahoo iPhone app is free and getting better while only the fantasymonster lite app is free.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby neoforce » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 am

Boy do I wish there was an update for the cbssports.com iphone app. It is really poor and I haven't seen new features yet this season.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby neoforce » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Nerfherders wrote:Unless Ive missed something, I wish the CBS fantasy app wasn't buried in the CBSSports App. Sometimes it's clunky and won't load.

I don't think you missed anything. the one I was talking about is indeed the one that is embedded in the standard cbssports app. For fantasy, it really stinks, is usable for only the most basic things.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby neoforce » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:09 am

Some potential good news for those of us suffering from cbssports iphone app. I contacted them via the "user feedback" link and they actually quickly responded!! Anyone else here who uses cbssports should do the same. More people who complain might result in a real upgrade.

Anyway here is what they said:

Thank you for your email. CBS is currently working to improve its CBSSports iphone app. Please don't allow your unhappiness with our iphone app to deter you from our sports site. The sports site has not changed. It still offers the best fantasy sports product, and if you have been a long term customer, you will appreciate the history and the luxury of having information from the previous years you have played with us.

Here is what I said to them:
I've been on cbssports.com for a long time for fantasy baseball. It was always worth spending more money for your service. But now I'm considering changing to Yahoo for next year.

The standard cbssports web site for fantasy is world class. That is why I pay the money every year. But now I'm on the iPhone much of the time. And your iPhone app stinks. You have embedded fantasy sports in your standard cbssports app, instead of creating a fantasy only app. It is clunky and only supports a few fantasy functions. A friend who is on Yahoo showed me their app. Not only is it better than yours, they have been improving it as the season goes on. You haven't issued an update this year at all.

So, I pay for world class service at cbssports. But I'm not getting it anymore.
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jacktowner » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:19 pm

I ran across this new-ish app today called Fleaflicker. It allows you to manage NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL fantasy teams all in one app. Here are some bullets from their website:
* Fantasy Team Management: Live scoring, league standings, lineup changes, player add/drop/claim, IR management
* Pro Scores: Fantasy-enhanced play-by-play and box scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL pro games
* Watch Lists: Watch lists with live fantasy stats for your favorite players or for fantasy leagues not hosted on Fleaflicker; built-in lists track league leaders, most added, and most dropped
* News: Searchable up-to-the-minute news updates and fantasy tips

I downloaded it but haven't toyed with it yet. I plan on using it for baseball and football. I will reply with an update once games start back up and I get to try it out. Here is the link for those interested:
http://www.fleaflicker.com/iphone

******* EDIT *******
Ok, upon further review, I figured out that Fleaflicker is another host for fantasy sports, joining Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc. It is all internal and you CAN NOT use their app with any other fantasy sports provider. It looks like Fleaflicker is paired with AOL Sports. I will probably not mess with it anymore, but it does have some nice features that I think other providers could/should implement.
jacktowner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers