Fantasy baseball for the iPhone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Postby baseball77 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:00 pm

The ESPN fantasy app is really good. You can add/drop players, propose trades, make roster changes, check your scoreboard, free stattracker without refreshing the page, standings, and even make posts on your league's message board. You can also get your player news updates. It's almost identical to the web version in terms of features. You also get ESPN's scrolling sports news ticker at the bottom, and you can click on any story as it scrolls by and read it in window that opens on top of whatever you were looking at. I recommend it for ESPN users.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Mon May 17, 2010 5:46 pm

What i really miss from my iPhone is the cafe. Has anyone tried an app to read phpBB based boards. Some things I have found (but not tried yet) are:

• Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum
  • TouchBB iPhone Forum Reader allows you to read forums while on the go. It is much easier to use than browsing a forum through Safari because you don't have to pinch and zoom every screen while navigating. The data that is transmitted is optimized for mobile connections. Download our add-on script for your own phpBB2, phpBB3 or vBulletin forum!
  • Fourms Pro - Bulletin Board Browser (phpBB 2 and 3) Forums Pro's elegant interface gives you a clear view of forum hierarchy, creates very readable topics. Unlike other applications, forum administrators need not install any special extension on their website - Forums Pro works right out of the box. If you encounter websites with heavily modified HTML, Forums Pro may not work correctly.

So, the first two require the mods here to install something. The last one doesn't, but I would suspect the cafe does contain heavily modified HTML.

Anyone try these either here at the cafe or elsewhere?
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jswede » Mon May 17, 2010 10:47 pm

neoforce wrote:What i really miss from my iPhone is the cafe.

Why not just use safari and dial up the web page? I manage my CBS team on my iPhone all the time. don't really have the need to come here, but I check rotoworld for news also. it is what it is - a tiny device, but fully capable.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 pm

neoforce wrote:
[list][*]Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum

Tapatalk looks like it can be a winner, however, free version of the app is read only. Need to pay $3 to post.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby neoforce » Tue May 18, 2010 11:33 am

jswede wrote:
neoforce wrote:What i really miss from my iPhone is the cafe.

Why not just use safari and dial up the web page? I manage my CBS team on my iPhone all the time. don't really have the need to come here, but I check rotoworld for news also. it is what it is - a tiny device, but fully capable.

I do use safari to check the cafe sometimes. But it is really cumbersome. Every page you navigate you have to zoom and move around.

As for Rotoworld, I use them on a PC. But on the iPhone I much prefer fanball. The text is a bit small for my aging eyes, but it is a true iPhone app, formatted for the iPhone, no zoom in, and has very similar updates to Rotoworld.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby neoforce » Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

bleach168 wrote:
neoforce wrote:
[list][*]Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum

Tapatalk looks like it can be a winner, however, free version of the app is read only. Need to pay $3 to post.

Wouldn't we need to ask the cafe admins to install that here?
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Nerfherders » Tue May 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Does the Yahoo app have pitching matchups yet? That was the one thing that prevented me from utilizing it. About the only thing I change on a daily basis is starting pitching, so that's important.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:11 pm

neoforce wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
neoforce wrote:

Wouldn't we need to ask the cafe admins to install that here?

Yes. I don't view that as an issue because the admins here are very responsive to the wants of the users.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bignoggins » Sat May 22, 2010 12:10 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to promote a fantasy app that I wrote for my class. It's called FantasyMonster and lets you track all of your yahoo! fantasy teams, baseball included. The nice thing about it is that you can do pretty much anything you can do on the website, including drag and drop to edit your lineups.

You can check it out here: http://www.fantasymonsterapp.com/

Or download directly from iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasym ... 00743?mt=8

Let me know what you guys think. I'm always looking for ways to improve it.
bignoggins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat May 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Nerfherders wrote:Does the Yahoo app have pitching matchups yet? That was the one thing that prevented me from utilizing it. About the only thing I change on a daily basis is starting pitching, so that's important.

If you are asking about the ^ symbols to designate starters (pitchers and batters, though pitchers are known well in advance and batters are only known shortly before gametime), then yeah. That got added in the last update of the app.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers