Fantasy baseball for the iPhone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Postby Maris09 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:14 pm

clevername wrote:And I found some posts from the developers where they say they are planning on updating it so you can add/drop players, propose trades, and access the league message board...basically everything you'd need for your yahoo leagues.

You should be able to do everything you need to do just by accessing the internet though.

Why is the Yahoo Fantasy My Team page the only page on the iPHONE internet that does not work? What makes that page different then every other one on the internet?

Genie?
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Mighty Trow » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm

just got my hands on something called Y! Fan. seems pretty neat. there is a free version and a pay version. the free version is very nice - more intuitive than actually loading your team in safari. you can play around with your lineup, check your league stats and standings. clicking on a player gives you his yahoo player page. haven't figured out how to edit rosters, but i think there is good potential here. might even pony up for the pay version. because i have a sickness for fantasy baseball like that. O:-)
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby abrage22 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 pm

With that Y! fan thing what's the pool # you have to enter?
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby clevername » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:26 pm

it's the league number. You can find it in the web address when you're on your main league page.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm

clevername wrote:it's the league number. You can find it in the web address when you're on your main league page.

yup - the digits after yahoo.com/b1/...

took me a few tries to get it to work, but that is likely cuz i was in the middle of my building where reception is bad.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mobzz » Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 am

the rotowire app is good for updates and the cbs sportsline one is pretty handy
mobzz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jacktowner » Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but there is an app called Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball '10. It's been a good app for updated team stats with editable lineups, and they just released an update to allow matchups to be seen and updated periodically (about every 30 seconds or so). And it's free - I highly recommend it for those in yahoo leagues.
jacktowner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby neoforce » Fri May 14, 2010 8:06 am

mobzz wrote:the rotowire app is good for updates and the cbs sportsline one is pretty handy

I prefer the fanball.com player update over the rotowire.

The nice things bout rotowire is that the text is bigger (part of the problem is I need new glasses!) and it shows bold if you haven't read an item and regular if you have. The problem is there is only 20 or so updates. If you are busy and miss a day looking at the news you miss a bunch.

The fanball one is smaller text, doesn't indicate which you have looked at yet. But when you open it shows around 100 updates. I almost never miss one on fanball.

I find cbssports.com (not called sportsline anymore) pretty useless. I do use it because my leagues are there, but outside my own players, I kind of ignore it for player updates.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby swyck » Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 am

jacktowner wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but there is an app called Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball '10. It's been a good app for updated team stats with editable lineups, and they just released an update to allow matchups to be seen and updated periodically (about every 30 seconds or so). And it's free - I highly recommend it for those in yahoo leagues.

I wasn't really impressed with it on the iPad, very small view space, I think it needs better formatting.

I'd rather use Safari and the regular team page. Have to use classic view since I don't see how you can drag and drop in Safari. Hope Yahoo doesn't do away with it. Can't use the stattracker (no big deal) and you wouldn't be able to draft either since they're both flash apps. Don't know how good an option it would be on an iPhone, it was a no go on my Blackberry but I have the small screen.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby jacktowner » Sun May 16, 2010 11:04 am

swyck wrote:
jacktowner wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but there is an app called Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball '10. It's been a good app for updated team stats with editable lineups, and they just released an update to allow matchups to be seen and updated periodically (about every 30 seconds or so). And it's free - I highly recommend it for those in yahoo leagues.

I wasn't really impressed with it on the iPad, very small view space, I think it needs better formatting.

I'd rather use Safari and the regular team page. Have to use classic view since I don't see how you can drag and drop in Safari. Hope Yahoo doesn't do away with it. Can't use the stattracker (no big deal) and you wouldn't be able to draft either since they're both flash apps. Don't know how good an option it would be on an iPhone, it was a no go on my Blackberry but I have the small screen.

The app has it's limits, but it's much faster than having to load individual pages on safari. I use the app mainly to edit lineups and monitor live stats of my team and other teams in the league.
jacktowner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers