Fantasy baseball for the iPhone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fantasy baseball for the iPhone?

Postby clevername » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

my iPhone is jailbroken and I still have access to the App Store.

I'd echo the desire for a yahoo one, especially stattracker, but I won't get my hopes up. Classic stattracker on my iphone would be heavenly, but I can't see that happening. It'll have to be all glossed up and unusuable.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:44 pm

clevername wrote:Classic stattracker on my iphone would be heavenly, but I can't see that happening. It'll have to be all glossed up and unusuable.

I don't know, MLB At Bat works pretty nicely and Stattracker wouldn't have to be any more in depth than that. That said, I'm not holding my breath since Yahoo always rolls out new stuff for football first.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby clevername » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:25 pm

jfg wrote:
clevername wrote:Classic stattracker on my iphone would be heavenly, but I can't see that happening. It'll have to be all glossed up and unusuable.

I don't know, MLB At Bat works pretty nicely and Stattracker wouldn't have to be any more in depth than that. That said, I'm not holding my breath since Yahoo always rolls out new stuff for football first.

it's not that stattracker needs to be any more complicated than classic stattracker (it absolutely doesn't); it's that yahoo probably won't let it. They've done all they can to take the simple classic away from us in favor of a format I mostly hear complaints about.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jfg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 pm

I understand that, but MLB At Bat is way more in depth than the current Stattracker so I'm saying it should have no problem being ported to the iPhone.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby clevername » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 pm

isn't stattracker flash based, though?

it'll have to be another format because the iphone doesn't support flash yet, though last I heard it may be coming in the future.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jfg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 pm

clevername wrote:isn't stattracker flash based, though?

it'll have to be another format because the iphone doesn't support flash yet, though last I heard it may be coming in the future.

Yep, that's why it needs to be an app, otherwise we could just view it in Safari. I've heard that rumor wasn't true but you never know.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Maris09 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey-

Anyone having trouble accessing the Yahoo fantasy pages from their iphone?

Maybe it's just because things haven't really started up yet, but when accessing my league page it's is basically blank, and when I try to go to my team home page (no team drafted yet), some of the time Safari will just shut down. Anyone experiencing this? I'm hoping it's just because our league hasn't drafted or anything yet.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby clevername » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:40 pm

I've found that if I load my team page with the phone upright it won't load the whole thing, just the top part of the page. If I then turn the phone sideways (without reloading) to flip the screen it'll show the rest of the page including my roster. If I then turn the phone back upright everything's still there.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby webhead05 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Nerfherders wrote:I have a free app fromt he app store that is simply called "Baseball" and it is kind of like baseball reference - historical stats and stuff like that.

The "baseball" app is amazing for those of us "stat geeks" out there. Not sure when you actually got it but it used to have logos for most of the teams on there to. It was somewhat interesting to see the evolution of team logos. BUT, MLB threatened the maker with legal action if he didn't take all the logos out so he cut them out late last year.

As far as fantasy goes, looks for some to pop up closer to the season starting. Some sites may have web apps to that you can use. I have a web app linked directly to my teams homepage. The cool part if the icon comes up as the team logo.
webhead05
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby abrage22 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I found that if you download the app "Sportacular" you can make a custom team that when you bring up that team it will show the stats for that day.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers