2 Up, 2 Down - Outfield Edition - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

2 Up, 2 Down - Outfield Edition

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

2 Up, 2 Down - Outfield Edition

Postby WebHamster » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 pm

This thread contains comments on Chris Routledge's Article "2 Up, 2 Down - Outfield Edition", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on February 8, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 568)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2 Up, 2 Down - Outfield Edition

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 pm

This is a very good article, though I do disagree with a couple of the guys on it. I've seen Ichiro! fall into the fourth round in both 12 team mocks I've participated in and I think he's fantastic value there. I think he's a sure-fire third rounder and don't have any worries about him even being close to the end of the line. The other guy I disagree on is Adam Dunn. I just hate him and think he's terribly overrated if you're talking 5x5. If you could OBP instead of BA, that's better, but if we're talking regular 5x5 then I don't want him anywhere in about the first 8 rounds. I'll let someone else take him and his 40 HRs and be very happy about it. I see him and Thome as almost the exact same player, except that Dunn is younger and has positional eligiblity. I don't see that being worth an 100 pick difference.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Re: 2 Up, 2 Down - Outfield Edition

Postby chris8 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:00 pm

My 2 cents on RJ's and Andrew's picks at LF & RF:

Love the pick of Ethier as an up - seems to be available at a bargain price according to current MDPs. Cruz I'm not so sure on - he still needs to convince me he's not your stereotypical AAAA player. Ichiro I have as an 'overvalued' player in my H2HWS blog...but that's a league which includes OPS. In a 5x5 roto I'd take him in the 3rd round if I needed average and speed, depending on who I already had. And Ludwick is a guy who I think will drop off a little, but not as much as many people are making out (he'll still be hitting after a certain Albert Pujols, so should see some nice pitches).

I agree with you on the whole, BP, about Dunn, in that he'll probably be drafted earlier than I would take him. But if he's still there in Rd 7 or so, and I can cope with his low average (again depending who else I have), then I'd certainly consider him at that point. Byrnes is worth taking a late flier on. Holliday - I agree in that he's not a 1st rounder, but is a 2nd rounder (unlike some people saying he shouldn't go before the 3rd). And Quentin is a top 10 OF for me, so I definitely disagree with that one! His performance last year didn't surprise me (I still have the link to last year's sleeper article in my sig - should probably get rid of it by now!), and I don't see a sophomore slump - he just produced a year later than people were expecting.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Return to Article Discussions