Experian Will No Longer Give You Your Credit Score - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Experian Will No Longer Give You Your Credit Score

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Experian Will No Longer Give You Your Credit Score

Postby JTWood » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 pm

This is some major bull crap right here. They collect information from you without your permission, they hold you hostage to a formula they alter at their whim, and now they wont even let you see that score anymore without paying for it.

Bloomberg.com wrote: Feb. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Borrowers have less than 10 days to see their FICO credit scores calculated by Experian Group Ltd., one of the three biggest personal credit-rating bureaus.

Experian notified Fair Isaac Corp., the Minneapolis-based credit-rating company, in January that it was terminating its contract Feb. 14 to provide information to myFICO.com, the Web site operated by Fair Isaac that allows consumers to look at their scores, according to Craig Watts, public relations director for Fair Isaac.

Lenders often use the FICO score devised by Fair Isaac to assess credit worthiness when providing credit cards, mortgages and auto loans. Consumers have ordered 23 million FICO scores from the three major credit bureaus via myFICO.com since 2001, according to Fair Isaac.
One FICO score and credit report costs $15.95. Consumers can order one free credit report annually from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion by going to http://www.annualcreditreport.com, however credit scores are not provided.

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

If this matters to you, order while you can people.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Experian Will No Longer Give You Your Credit Score

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:48 pm

I think there are still other sites where you can get scores from all 3 bureaus though, aren't there? :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 pm

When you're a rock star,
You get to party hard.
Champagne and caviar,
Tricked out exotic cars.
That's how I'd thought it'd be,
But the party's not for me,
Cause some punk opened a credit card with my ID.
Free what,
Free credit report dot com.
That's the site I'm gonna hit when I go home.
They know how credit works.
They send email alerts.
Now I'm findin' out how bad reality hurts .

:-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:32 pm

I've never liked the way they handle credit scores. Way too secretive about the actual score. You'd think banks and lending institutions would want people to have easier access to their scores because if people realized their credit wasn't as good as they thought, or it could be better, that people would be more likely to do the things they need to do to increase their scores and make getting loans easier. Then again, that might just hide all the stuff people have screwed up and not be an accurate reflection of their actual credit worthiness at that point. Hmm...

I still don't like how secretive they are about the actual scores though. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CadensDad » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:25 am

I agree with Madison (And I'm not happy about having to do that either.) but It's crazy that the person behind the computer can see your score but you can't see your own. I sold cars for a while and some people would think they are 650,715,750 score people and really they where 550,490, 430 people and we couldnt tell them thier score because we would get fired/fined and locked up. It's just crazy

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:42 am

CadensDad wrote:I agree with Madison (And I'm not happy about having to do that either.) but It's crazy that the person behind the computer can see your score but you can't see your own. I sold cars for a while and some people would think they are 650,715,750 score people and really they where 550,490, 430 people and we couldnt tell them thier score because we would get fired/fined and locked up. It's just crazy

Shh, don't tell me that! 8-o :-P %-6
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby JTWood » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
CadensDad wrote:I agree with Madison (And I'm not happy about having to do that either.) but It's crazy that the person behind the computer can see your score but you can't see your own. I sold cars for a while and some people would think they are 650,715,750 score people and really they where 550,490, 430 people and we couldnt tell them thier score because we would get fired/fined and locked up. It's just crazy

I hear ya... I don't want to know that I like anyone that used to sell cars!

:-{
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:41 am

JTWood wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

I hear ya... I don't want to know that I like anyone that used to sell cars!

:-{

JT I like you, but I don't "Like, Like" you if you know what I mean.....I'm flattered really but I just dont play for that team..... Sorry :-o

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JTWood » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 am

I will never be phased by the insults of a former car salesman. :^
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:08 pm

Experian is the one that hoses me all the time anyway. Last year I checked and they still counted a 30 day late payment from 2001 still. That's it. That was the last 30 day late I've ever had and it was due to graduating college and my bills not getting forwarded in a timely manner to my new place. Equifax and TransUnion don't count it but that made a huge discrepancy between my scores.

If they're not supplying scores to FICO any more does that mean lenders won't be looking at them? Fine by me if that's the case.

If any of you don't at least take advantage of seeing your credit report for free annually, you really should. Generally the scores are like an extra $5 or $6 when you do.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Next

Return to General Talk