Anyone else reserved MLB 09 the Show? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Anyone else reserved MLB 09 the Show?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone else reserved MLB 09 the Show?

Postby CadensDad » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:36 am

I just reserved my copy $30 for my ps2. Can't wait till the 3rd when it comes out, too bad my g/f's 21st b-day is the 4th and will ruin my fun. But I'm excited other than the fact the Braves team will suck.

Really hoping they have better minor league players and then they actually develop players from the draft and such. I hear the franchise mode it going to be really good

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone else reserved MLB 09 the Show?

Postby smoovethug » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:18 am

I was actually thinking about this today on the way home. All this draft prep had got me interested in playing with some new guys on the game. I enjoyed it last year but can never seem to stick with a dynasty for too long as I'm always hesitant to sim games and don't have the patience to complete a year without simmng or becoming bored with one team.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby CadensDad » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 pm

I tried playing every game in a year once, it takes too long, so I play 5 games 1 at home and 4 on the road at different ball parks. I also make sure thier is a different starting pitcher for each game.

I also like taking a team like the Royals, Twins, Nats, Marlins and building them up and winning the W.S. It was quite hard to do with the Royals tho in 08 they had some hefty contracts of some sorry players I had to move. But it was fun

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Yeah I played with the A's and the Dbacks last year. I tried to play a month, sim a month but I didn't get too far.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 pm

I like to play by playing the first game w/ the no. 1 starter, then simming until the number 2 starter pitches the next time through the rotation and so on.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:40 pm

smoovethug wrote:Yeah I played with the A's and the Dbacks last year. I tried to play a month, sim a month but I didn't get too far.

i max out at about 40 games and then feel the need to switch teams. im excited for the show this year because it'll be the first time i played it on ps3 :-L

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby smoovethug » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:21 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I like to play by playing the first game w/ the no. 1 starter, then simming until the number 2 starter pitches the next time through the rotation and so on.

A novel idea. ;-D

smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 am

Wish I had the ps3 but I'm broke and old lady wants a wii instead, (I realllllllly like the wii tho so it's ok.) But I also go with the play 1 game per starter method as well and it's ok,

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 pm

I tend to play about 40-60 games of a dynasty (have played a whole season before, I think it was 3 years ago) and them simulate till the end of the season. By that time, I either do the same for the next season, or get sick of it, and concentrate on online play. I think I will try the suggestion of playing one game with the #1 SP, simming to the #2s 2nd start, simming to the #3s 3rd start, and so on. I like this idea!
Usually I get tied up in Fantasy Baseball and summer activities and just do not get too far. When it comes to NCAA football, with the cold weather and all, I play at least 15+ years of a dynasty. This new way to play a season may bring some of the nuances of a dynasty back to baseball games for me.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Return to Video Games