General Commentary 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: General Commentary 2012

Postby RedBullVodka » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 pm

My pick is with Fade still. My list is only one name long. If he isn't there, and it is my turn, I will pick in the morning UK time. After two days of basically nothing, I'm not feeling guilty about this...
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:43 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:Left a pick with Fade if it gets to me tonight.

;-D

We will wait another 24 hours for Wicked.

If this pace continues for the next week, we will start with a system similar to the one GP outlined.

Everyone - leave picks with each other. We should be completing a round per two days at a min.

So first off, I'd like to say thanks for the PMs guys. I didn't get one from anyone about this draft since I was supposed to be on the clock Wednesday, hell the last one I received was on Monday from Aussie for the MiLB draft....

So if you have a gripe for me holding up the draft for 48 hours, you can thank the guys that picked before me and that picked after me when my 24 hour clock was up to let me know that the time expired. Obviously if you even looked at post history I'm around but I'm in another draft with that one. I don't always check to see who else was taken in the drafts. The only reason I checked now was thinking that I should be up but to my surprise I was actually skipped twice - reminder, not just once, but twice.

Everyone's situation is different, so I can't speak for anyone else so I'll just say what it is for myself. If you want this draft to go smoothly with me in it - PM me, I get emails to my phone when that happens so I can get to the forums and make my picks fairly quick. If you end up skipping someone, PM them. That should be at a minimum of 2 PMs to that person if they're skipped. It says in the first damn post of every round thread to PM the next manager with links on their name, it's made to be about as easy as it can be...

It is what it is, what's done is done, let's throw some more cliches out there.

tl;dr I don't care that I was skipped but I do care that in a span of 3 days that I was never told it was my pick or that I was even skipped, just PM the next guy in line, everyone's situation is different.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby clevername » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:17 pm

fwiw, I didn't PM you because you hadn't shown up in days and I had assumed you had been PM'd before. I didn't see the use of repeating that process. Of course, a simple visit to the forum would have made all that moot, anyway. Aren't the PM's more a friendly reminder that you're up and not the only signal available to let you know the draft is still ongoing?

I don't think it's asking too much to check in on the draft once a day even if you haven't received any pm's. Make the forum a bookmark and click it once a day.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kaveman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:Left a pick with Fade if it gets to me tonight.

;-D

We will wait another 24 hours for Wicked.

If this pace continues for the next week, we will start with a system similar to the one GP outlined.

Everyone - leave picks with each other. We should be completing a round per two days at a min.

So first off, I'd like to say thanks for the PMs guys. I didn't get one from anyone about this draft since I was supposed to be on the clock Wednesday, hell the last one I received was on Monday from Aussie for the MiLB draft....

So if you have a gripe for me holding up the draft for 48 hours, you can thank the guys that picked before me and that picked after me when my 24 hour clock was up to let me know that the time expired. Obviously if you even looked at post history I'm around but I'm in another draft with that one. I don't always check to see who else was taken in the drafts. The only reason I checked now was thinking that I should be up but to my surprise I was actually skipped twice - reminder, not just once, but twice.

Everyone's situation is different, so I can't speak for anyone else so I'll just say what it is for myself. If you want this draft to go smoothly with me in it - PM me, I get emails to my phone when that happens so I can get to the forums and make my picks fairly quick. If you end up skipping someone, PM them. That should be at a minimum of 2 PMs to that person if they're skipped. It says in the first damn post of every round thread to PM the next manager with links on their name, it's made to be about as easy as it can be...

It is what it is, what's done is done, let's throw some more cliches out there.

tl;dr I don't care that I was skipped but I do care that in a span of 3 days that I was never told it was my pick or that I was even skipped, just PM the next guy in line, everyone's situation is different.

That's effed up. I had assumed you had been pmed.
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm

clevername wrote:fwiw, I didn't PM you because you hadn't shown up in days and I had assumed you had been PM'd before. I didn't see the use of repeating that process. Of course, a simple visit to the forum would have made all that moot, anyway. Aren't the PM's more a friendly reminder that you're up and not the only signal available to let you know the draft is still ongoing?

I don't think it's asking too much to check in on the draft once a day even if you haven't received any pm's. Make the forum a bookmark and click it once a day.

Everyone's situations is different. The best way to get me to the forum is a PM, which in turn gives me an email, which in turn alerts me on my cell phone that I carry with me all the time. I rely on that PM for this league and all the other leagues that I'm in a slow draft. Because of that PM, I don't really check the league forums much, because when I do get told I'm on the clock, I then take the time to look at who was picked, what everyone else was saying about the draft, adjust my targets, assess my roster and then make my pick. Not everyone works like that, but that PM is my lifeline to this league and in turn your time to not be wasted by waiting for 48 hours because no one took that courtesy to PM the guy who was on the clock.

I know this situation was directed partially at you clever, but I'm asking the league as a whole too to PM the pick after you and if someone is being skipped the guy that's being skipped and the new OTC manager. If you PM the guy on the clock, than it's on that guy to make his pick in the time allotted and you're absolved of any blame. No one is going to complain about getting 5 PMs because they're on the clock or being skipped.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedBullVodka » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:15 pm

You should have had a PM. I'd assumed you had.
I've had a PM for every pick in this draft and the Brushback draft on this board too.

But Clever is also right in saying that maybe you could log in once a day to see where we are. I'm pretty certain everyone else in this league is doing that, and certainly not going 72 hours plus without checking in. It doesn't take long, and you're pretty much saying you could be online if you get the PM, so why not without it, for just five mins?

It's gone now - we need to move on, and make sure the PMs are sent every time.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
clevername wrote:fwiw, I didn't PM you because you hadn't shown up in days and I had assumed you had been PM'd before. I didn't see the use of repeating that process. Of course, a simple visit to the forum would have made all that moot, anyway. Aren't the PM's more a friendly reminder that you're up and not the only signal available to let you know the draft is still ongoing?

Everyone's situations is different. The best way to get me to the forum is a PM, which in turn gives me an email, which in turn alerts me on my cell phone that I carry with me all the time. I rely on that PM for this league and all the other leagues that I'm in a slow draft. Because of that PM, I don't really check the league forums much, because when I do get told I'm on the clock, I then take the time to look at who was picked, what everyone else was saying about the draft, adjust my targets, assess my roster and then make my pick. Not everyone works like that, but that PM is my lifeline to this league and in turn your time to not be wasted by waiting for 48 hours because no one took that courtesy to PM the guy who was on the clock.

I know this situation was directed partially at you clever, but I'm asking the league as a whole too to PM the pick after you and if someone is being skipped the guy that's being skipped and the new OTC manager. If you PM the guy on the clock, than it's on that guy to make his pick in the time allotted and you're absolved of any blame. No one is going to complain about getting 5 PMs because they're on the clock or being skipped.

It is crucial to PM and Wicked I should have sent you one as well as a reminder. There is no reason whatsoever not to PM the next GM in line. It is your responsibility to PM and it needs to be done each time.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:27 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:

You got ZERO PMs from the guys either side of you?
WTF?
Poor show chaps, poor show :-t
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 am

Left next pick with Fade and Smoove.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 am

I have Aussie and Rocket's picks, so PM me after you pick Fezzik. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League