General Commentary 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: General Commentary 2009

Postby smoovethug » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:57 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Shoot, I didn't think we were starting so early. I may need some extra time (like a couple days) so I hope that's not a problem.

Take your time. Being that there's no clock you're not obligated to make your pick until the actual start date. Don't get upset if you get mobbed by an angry league who's excited to get drafting though. :-b

As another note, especially while Yahoo isn't open yet, when selecting players with outfield eligibility please be sure to check for their specific position.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedBullVodka » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:32 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:Sorry guys - you took me by surprise!! Not least to get #1 pick... :-D

But we're off...enjoy!! ;-D

Are we just doing one round before Feb 17? Or are we officially off, albeit with no clock, and see how far we get by then?

I need to do some mocks from #1 slot!!

Hope you didnt rush your pick. As I said in the pm to you, you had until the 18th at noon to select someone.

The clock will not start until noon on Feb. 17. If we get through 2 rounds before then, so be it. Could be more than one round.

Well, i thought about it for all of 30 seconds... ;-)

Wasn't that diffcult!!
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:22 am

RedBullVodka wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:Sorry guys - you took me by surprise!! Not least to get #1 pick... :-D

But we're off...enjoy!! ;-D

Are we just doing one round before Feb 17? Or are we officially off, albeit with no clock, and see how far we get by then?

I need to do some mocks from #1 slot!!

Hope you didnt rush your pick. As I said in the pm to you, you had until the 18th at noon to select someone.

The clock will not start until noon on Feb. 17. If we get through 2 rounds before then, so be it. Could be more than one round.

Well, i thought about it for all of 30 seconds... ;-)

Wasn't that diffcult!!

I think Hanley was the right selection too, especially with keeper status in mind. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 am

smoovethug wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Shoot, I didn't think we were starting so early. I may need some extra time (like a couple days) so I hope that's not a problem.

Take your time. Being that there's no clock you're not obligated to make your pick until the actual start date. Don't get upset if you get mobbed by an angry league who's excited to get drafting though. :-b

As another note, especially while Yahoo isn't open yet, when selecting players with outfield eligibility please be sure to check for their specific position.

Exactly, no rush. ;-D But don't be surprised if Aussie shows up at your door with pitches and forks.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:51 pm

I draft Wright in this keeper and trade for Wright in my other keeper.

Today was a good day. :-)
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for the PM Aussie. ;-D

Before the draft I told myself that at #6 I'd go with Miggy or Reyes, but I still labored long about that pick. I think I ultimately made the right one though.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 pm

zomg, almost my pick ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:zomg, almost my pick ;-D

Watch bobbing headz not pick for like 5 days, hope the suspense won't kill you. :-)
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:

Watch bobbing headz not pick for like 5 days, hope the suspense won't kill you. :-)

At least you guys know. I probably won't have my pick in until Wednesday at the very earliest.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:05 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

At least you guys know. I probably won't have my pick in until Wednesday at the very earliest.

Crunching the numbers with Bill James?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League