Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Postby zebulon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 pm

OK. Let me see if I can duplicate that behavior. I do not see that in 2007. I will see if I can find a copy of 2003 somewhere.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zebulon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Tested in on 2003 and did not have a problem. Can you post the exact steps you were doing so I can follow what you did?
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
zebulon wrote:Not sure. Never seen that. Make sure you click in the cell you want. Then you can move around with the tab or arrow keys after you enter the name you want.

Also, just want to make sure you are on Windows with Excel 2000,2003, or 2007.

Yes sir. 2003, obviously clicking in the cell that I'm trying to type in. It caught me by surprise too. I downloaded the new version, created the new draft board (14 teams, 22 rounds), then followed the instruction to copy the old draft board (doing a slow draft right now) into a new sheet, deleted the empty columns since the old tracker used two columns per pick, then pasted them into the new draft board. All of the picks were properly removed from the MDP boards but when I went to type in a new pick it reverts to the previous cell.

I opened up the original sheet that I downloaded this morning, and without changing anything, try typing "Albert Pujols" into into the first pick...it reverts to Column A instead of typing in Column B.

I can confirm that this happens with mine as well. Though after it does that if I reselect the correct column again I can type in it.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrbo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey, this looks really good. Thanks for all your hard work putting this together and keeping it updated!

I have a couple of questions and wasn't sure if its better to ask here or on the weebly site.

1) On the Setup tab, would it be possible for me to customize the lineup and/or stats? My league uses 1 IF position rather than MI/CI, and I would also like to be able to track LF, CF, RF and OF separately. Also would like to add OPS and Holds to the stats. (and maybe K/9?)

2) Is it normal to have a bunch of garbage data in the dropdowns after the last player? eg; df, ds, fdgs, It appears a baby was trying to enter some of the players :-b

Of course I don't expect you guys to make any changes just for me, just curious how hard it would be for me to modify it myself. I don't really know excel too well.

Thanks again.
mrbo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Our player list doesn't distinguish OF positions - by LF, CF, RF, so we only support generic OF designation.
In terms of supporting a single IF position, we built the tool to fit with most standard setups. It would be almost impossible to account for every variation unfortunately. The position tracking has some fairly sophisticated formulas that help determine where to slot players.

As for the garbage letters, they are really just meant to be place holders since our player list is shorter this year than last year, but we wanted to preserve the formatting of the macros on the draft board - so you can just disregard that. You really shouldn't need to use the drop down anyway as it updates as you type.

Being that this is the official release, we aren't releasing any more functionality changes - just MDP updates at this point. However, once you download it, you can do whatever you want to it to try and make it better except that he keep the macro code password protected to protect the hard work of the developers.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garf112 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 pm

zebulon wrote:
TheTrickster wrote:For any leagues where teams can trade draft picks, is there a way to edit the formulas for the team rosters to direct them to look at different cells?

For example if Team 5 actually had the first pick in Round 3, is there a way to tell the roster stats page to look to cell B1327 rather than F1327 for their third pick?

Your Excel skills are over my head and I couldn't figure out how to do it myself. I don't mind if it's tedious, but since I couldn't figure out how it worked I wasn't sure if it was even possible.

Thanks!

The way it is setup, you would just enter the pick for the teams in order. In other words, if Team 5 has the first pick in round 3, you would just enter Team 5's pick in the Team 5 slot for round 3. The Roster Stats page lists all of the team's picks in the order they are entered on the draft sheet.

If you added the ability to trade picks, I would actually use this draft sheet. Obviously, it won't be added for this year. If folks are looking for one that does this, just drop me a line. The one that I use costs $10, but has pretty much any functionality that you need.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby zebulon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am

It is fairly easy to manually assign picks to other teams in the case of picks traded. Here is a screenshot from our league:

zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garf112 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm

but they would still show up on the team that traded the pick away.... or am i missing something?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby zebulon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Well technically, but when it got that pick in the draft, you would just enter the pick under the owner who owns the pick at that point. Since I have the names listed next to the number I know who it belongs to.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 am

New update just released today - contains the latest MDP data.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers