Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Postby theplayer11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:07 pm

the dummy cells don't bother me much at all..the white font stands out over the brown.
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrickster » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm

zebulon wrote:
TheTrickster wrote:Firstly, this thing is amazing.

Secondly, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's something that can be fixed but if you I go to the hitters or pitchers tab and want to look at the top 10 in one stat, it pulls from all of the different lists. For example if I want to see the top 10 HR hitters, Pujols is listed twice, and Fielder and Howard are listed 3 times. If I limit what's shown to just one of the lists, it looks like it still pulls from that same original top 10 list. So viewing only the "COMP" stats and ranking the "Top 10" HR hitters I only get Pujols, Fielder, and Howard.

It's not really a big deal cause I can just sort all of the players by whichever stat I want and have them all ranked that way but it limits the usefulness of having the Top 10 option.

You might want to use the MDP Rank sheet to sort by stat since that sheet just uses the composite projections.
The Hitter/Pitcher tabs are meant to be reference tools but aren't very useful in a live draft.

That's true, but you still have the problem if you wanted to see the top 10 HR hitters of 2009 or over the last 3 years or any of the other stat lists.
TheTrickster
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:49 pm

TheTrickster wrote:
zebulon wrote:
TheTrickster wrote:Firstly, this thing is amazing.

Secondly, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's something that can be fixed but if you I go to the hitters or pitchers tab and want to look at the top 10 in one stat, it pulls from all of the different lists. For example if I want to see the top 10 HR hitters, Pujols is listed twice, and Fielder and Howard are listed 3 times. If I limit what's shown to just one of the lists, it looks like it still pulls from that same original top 10 list. So viewing only the "COMP" stats and ranking the "Top 10" HR hitters I only get Pujols, Fielder, and Howard.

It's not really a big deal cause I can just sort all of the players by whichever stat I want and have them all ranked that way but it limits the usefulness of having the Top 10 option.

You might want to use the MDP Rank sheet to sort by stat since that sheet just uses the composite projections.
The Hitter/Pitcher tabs are meant to be reference tools but aren't very useful in a live draft.

That's true, but you still have the problem if you wanted to see the top 10 HR hitters of 2009 or over the last 3 years or any of the other stat lists.

Well, you could just sort the category you want in Descending order - then you would get the top 10 and everyone else for that matter.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dugout Diamonds » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am

Wow! I just tried to use this in a CBS mock draft. With a 60 second interval between picks, I knew I would have to hurry to enter picks into the draft board. BUT, as us usually the case, after a couple rds, several people start dropping out, leaving the computer to pick. Before you knew it, things were happening too fast for me to keep the draftboard up, and got so far behind just had to quit. Add in trying to enter all team names, and was a real scramble for about 5 rds, before I scrapped it. I like the project, and believe it will work great during my real draft, but just wanted to try it out before the real thing, and see how the team projections thing worked in trying to adjust my picks. Again, thanks alot for this great tool, just didn't work out this time with me against 7 fast computer pickers. :^)
Dugout Diamonds
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 26)

Postby zebulon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 am

Dugout Diamonds wrote:Wow! I just tried to use this in a CBS mock draft. With a 60 second interval between picks, I knew I would have to hurry to enter picks into the draft board. BUT, as us usually the case, after a couple rds, several people start dropping out, leaving the computer to pick. Before you knew it, things were happening too fast for me to keep the draftboard up, and got so far behind just had to quit. Add in trying to enter all team names, and was a real scramble for about 5 rds, before I scrapped it. I like the project, and believe it will work great during my real draft, but just wanted to try it out before the real thing, and see how the team projections thing worked in trying to adjust my picks. Again, thanks alot for this great tool, just didn't work out this time with me against 7 fast computer pickers. :^)

60 seconds between picks is tough. You might want to try Yahoo mock drafts. There is more time between picks. I've done a few of them and was able to keep up. With the new auto-complete features you shouldn't have to type the full name. In some cases you may only need to type 2 or 3 letters.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 am

when you are tracking team names, why not just use 1,2,3,4,5 etc. who cares what they are called.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby zebulon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

wrveres wrote:when you are tracking team names, why not just use 1,2,3,4,5 etc. who cares what they are called.

The team names can be changed at the top of the Draft Board
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 am

thats great. I was responding to this i guess.

Add in trying to enter all team names, and was a real scramble for about 5 rds, before I scrapped it
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby TheTrickster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:10 am

zebulon wrote:
TheTrickster wrote:
zebulon wrote:

Well, you could just sort the category you want in Descending order - then you would get the top 10 and everyone else for that matter.

Yeah that's what I've been doing and it's an easy solution. I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to fix the "Top 10" feature or drop it if it wasn't working. I'm sure it's a minor issue in the grand scheme.
TheTrickster
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zebulon » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 am

****OFFICIAL VERSION RELEASED****

Up till now we have been releasing beta versions of the DraftTracker while we work out bugs. We have now released the official version. This version is pretty much functionally the same as the previous one, but has a new updated look and feel and we also added the MDP Rank value for players on the MDP Tiers sheet so both sheet can be cross-referenced.

We cleaned things up a bit to limit the amount of scrolling.

One note: since we changed the Draft Board to use a single cell instead of 2 cells for the name, if you are planning on copying players from an old sheet to the new one, you need to first copy the old draft sheet to a blank new sheet. Then, delete the 2nd blank column for each team, then copy to the new sheet.

Download at http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers