Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Postby theplayer11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I would suggest you go back to color coding the MDP Rank tab. In my mocks, I used the MDP tiers tab to identify a player and then would try to find his MDP or stats by using the MDP Rank tab. Having BOTH color coded made this fairly easy. For example, say I wanted to see Carlos Lee's MDP or stats. I see he is a Tier 3 OF and coded in green on the MDP Tiers tab. With both coded, I would quickly scan the green in the MDP Rank tab and easily find him. Without the color coding now, it makes it extremely hard to quickly find players. Again, I would strongly suggest you bring back the color coding. What was the reason you took it away?
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrickster » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Firstly, this thing is amazing.

Secondly, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's something that can be fixed but if you I go to the hitters or pitchers tab and want to look at the top 10 in one stat, it pulls from all of the different lists. For example if I want to see the top 10 HR hitters, Pujols is listed twice, and Fielder and Howard are listed 3 times. If I limit what's shown to just one of the lists, it looks like it still pulls from that same original top 10 list. So viewing only the "COMP" stats and ranking the "Top 10" HR hitters I only get Pujols, Fielder, and Howard.

It's not really a big deal cause I can just sort all of the players by whichever stat I want and have them all ranked that way but it limits the usefulness of having the Top 10 option.
TheTrickster
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby theplayer11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Also, we did some more formatting on the MDP Rank page. We added a dynamic column for AVG Round which will be based on the number of teams you setup.

I'm not sure I'm getting this..12 team league set up. For example, Jimmy Rollins MDP is 25.6, Round Column shows 3.1. Shouldn't it be 2.1.....25.6/12 = 2.1 Every player seems to be 1 round higher than they should..Am I reading this wrong?
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

theplayer11 wrote:
Also, we did some more formatting on the MDP Rank page. We added a dynamic column for AVG Round which will be based on the number of teams you setup.

I'm not sure I'm getting this..12 team league set up. For example, Jimmy Rollins MDP is 25.6, Round Column shows 3.1. Shouldn't it be 2.1.....25.6/12 = 2.1 Every player seems to be 1 round higher than they should..Am I reading this wrong?

The 25th pick in a 12 team league is 3.1. The 13th pick is 2.1.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

theplayer11 wrote:

No. In a 12 team league, rounds 1 and 2 make up picks 1-24. So at 25.6, that is in the 3rd round. The decimal portion is more reflective of where in the round he should go. A lower decimal, such as in this case indicates Rollins should go in the beginning of the 3rd round which is consistent with his 25.6 MDP. We have to add 1 to the formula otherwise if you take someone like Pujols who is at #1, you would have a round value of like 0.10 which doesn't make sense.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:44 pm

TheTrickster wrote:Firstly, this thing is amazing.

Secondly, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's something that can be fixed but if you I go to the hitters or pitchers tab and want to look at the top 10 in one stat, it pulls from all of the different lists. For example if I want to see the top 10 HR hitters, Pujols is listed twice, and Fielder and Howard are listed 3 times. If I limit what's shown to just one of the lists, it looks like it still pulls from that same original top 10 list. So viewing only the "COMP" stats and ranking the "Top 10" HR hitters I only get Pujols, Fielder, and Howard.

It's not really a big deal cause I can just sort all of the players by whichever stat I want and have them all ranked that way but it limits the usefulness of having the Top 10 option.

You might want to use the MDP Rank sheet to sort by stat since that sheet just uses the composite projections.
The Hitter/Pitcher tabs are meant to be reference tools but aren't very useful in a live draft.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm

theplayer11 wrote:I would suggest you go back to color coding the MDP Rank tab. In my mocks, I used the MDP tiers tab to identify a player and then would try to find his MDP or stats by using the MDP Rank tab. Having BOTH color coded made this fairly easy. For example, say I wanted to see Carlos Lee's MDP or stats. I see he is a Tier 3 OF and coded in green on the MDP Tiers tab. With both coded, I would quickly scan the green in the MDP Rank tab and easily find him. Without the color coding now, it makes it extremely hard to quickly find players. Again, I would strongly suggest you bring back the color coding. What was the reason you took it away?

We had to take the color coding away in order to accomodate proper stat sorting. Initially we had formulas in each stat cell that would show blanks in the hitting stats if the player was a pitcher and vice versa for hitters. The problem though with having blanks was that if you go to sort say HRs in descending order so that you could see the top HR hitters, it was putting the blanks at the top - meaning that it was listing all of the pitchers first so you would have to scroll down 300+ rows just to see the hitters which isn't very intuitive.

So, instead of using blanks we put either 0, -1, or 999.99 in the case where the stat didn't apply in order to preserve the sorting. And then we did some conditional formatting to make the font color match the cell background color. That worked all well and good if you didn't do any sorting. But, if you then wanted to sort, the font color stays the same even though the background changes which was exposing those dummy values and making it more disruptive.

So, it came down to us having to sacrifice looks for functionality.

One thing that we might try doing and I need to test would be to add the rank number to the tier sheet so that you could then have a reference between the cells. But again, I would need to test that.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm

theplayer11 wrote:I would suggest you go back to color coding the MDP Rank tab. In my mocks, I used the MDP tiers tab to identify a player and then would try to find his MDP or stats by using the MDP Rank tab. Having BOTH color coded made this fairly easy. For example, say I wanted to see Carlos Lee's MDP or stats. I see he is a Tier 3 OF and coded in green on the MDP Tiers tab. With both coded, I would quickly scan the green in the MDP Rank tab and easily find him. Without the color coding now, it makes it extremely hard to quickly find players. Again, I would strongly suggest you bring back the color coding. What was the reason you took it away?

We just posted a quick fix for this. On the MDP Rank sheet, we added a column called TIER which corresponds to the TIER the player sits in on the Tier Sheet. This should help you find the player you want easier.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theplayer11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Zebulon..I just went ahead and color coded the MDP Rank tab to match the MDP Tier tab...
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 pm

theplayer11 wrote:Zebulon..I just went ahead and color coded the MDP Rank tab to match the MDP Tier tab...

Well, you are certainly free to do that, but when you sort the stats they will expose the dummy values. See my previous post as we just put a fix on the MDP Rank sheet to show which tier the player sits in.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers