Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drafttracker (Excel Kit) - Final Update 3.21.09

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Excel Help

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Yoda wrote:
C2ThaLo88 wrote:OK! Luckily for us one of my co-workers knows what he is doing in Excel. With some help from him we have what we are looking for. It will be tedious setting it all up with the formulas and cell formatting, but I think it will work beautifully. And can easily be used in future drafts. If you want to send me your excel file I could see if I can get the formulas to work. Otherwise I'll start setting one up from scratch.

Yeah see if you can do one with like 10 players or something. THanks.

Yep, got it to work. It could be the best thing since sliced bread.
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

C2ThaLo88 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
C2ThaLo88 wrote:OK! Luckily for us one of my co-workers knows what he is doing in Excel. With some help from him we have what we are looking for. It will be tedious setting it all up with the formulas and cell formatting, but I think it will work beautifully. And can easily be used in future drafts. If you want to send me your excel file I could see if I can get the formulas to work. Otherwise I'll start setting one up from scratch.

Yeah see if you can do one with like 10 players or something. THanks.

Yep, got it to work. It could be the best thing since sliced bread.

Awesome! Can you please email me at esp211@yahoo.com?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks to C2ThaLo88 and Big Pimpin for helping with this.

C2ThaLo88 created a master file which has numerous sheets that link to one another so that when you enter a player's name on your Draft Tracker Sheet, the name on all the other sheets disappear. This is useful if you have different rankings, tiers, projections, etc and want to keep track of who is available during the draft.

I'm going to tweak it to suit my needs using Rookies and Cream's MDP list and Baseball Prospectus Player Forecast Manager for my custom league. If anyone wants a copy, then feel free to email me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Excel Draft Kit

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Update: C2ThaLo88 is working on putting various different rankings and projections for each position on one sheet. You will be able to add any list or rankings going forward.

For instance, C2ThaLo88 's workbook will contain CBS's, 3 year avg, 2008 stats and 2009 projections and you can filter based on which one of those you want to see. Meanwhile, the lists will be updated based on the player that you input in the Draft Tracker Sheet, only showing the players still available. This will allow you to scan a lot of different lists with a click of a button without having to check off each name every time a player is drafted. ;-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:27 pm

This is nearly complete now thanks to C2ThaLo88, Big Pimpin and Rookies/Cream.

There are four tabs:
Draft Tracker - view of the snake draft. Input names in here and the name will be deleted from every list showing only the available players. As you update the positions at the bottom, you can see positions still left to fill by other teams.
MDP Rank - shows Median Draft Position (Rookies and Cream) in Tier and also top 275 side by side. This will be updated a few times in the next few weeks.
Hitters - includes 3 yr AVG, 2008 actual, ESPN 2009, CBS 2009, PECOTA 2009. We may add the composite projection which includes up to 7 projections from various sites.
Pitchers - see hitters

The Hitters/Pitchers Sheets are auto filtered by List, Players, Position and various stats. When sorted, you can view upto 5 lines of stats per player currently. As mentioned, we may include other projections. The best part is that you can add any other list and it should still work as long as you enter it correctly (easy to do).

If anyone would like a copy, email me. The only thing is, PECOTA is a paid projection so I can't send it to you unless you have a subscription with them.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Is it possible to sort by category once you've filtered to one list? I can't figure out how to.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm

jfg wrote:Is it possible to sort by category once you've filtered to one list? I can't figure out how to.

What exactly are you trying to do? You always want to choose the LIST you want to use first. Then work down the line after that based on what you want show. For instance, you want to see ESPN projections for Jay Bruce's HR. Select LIST then POSition then PLAYER (ascending) or HR (descending). You will need to reset often if you want to see different stat lines for a player.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:45 pm

What I'm trying to do is sort by categories to get averages and standard deviations to form a cheat sheet. I am doing it on Open Office so maybe I should try to reinstall my old copy of MS Office and see if I have the same problem. But, I'm not able to sort ascending or descending once I filter to a specific list. EDIT: Actually I can't sort categories at all even w/o a filter.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 pm

It was an Open Office issue, everything is working great with Excel.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Why'd you put this in GT Yoda? This is a fantastic draft resource BTW...
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers