Goozex: Game Trading site - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Goozex: Game Trading site

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Goozex: Game Trading site

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:18 pm

jfg wrote:I received my 1000 points today but nothing is available even though it's showing as available when I'm just browsing through it. Bioshock has been out for years. Did I just trade a game in for the chance of getting games months from now?

Here are some tips for you:

1. Go put as many games as you can in your hold list. You move up the line while it's on hold
2. New games usually have a line but requesting Disc Only will help you get the game WAY quicker.
3. Monday at 11PM Mountain time is the "New Release Time" this means that new games are added to the system. The closer to this time you request a new game (but not before the time) the better chance of a good spot.
4. Sometimes you wait months for games but those are generally only rare/new games. Get in line early or put disc only.
5. Sometimes I trade for games and then ebay them for some extra cash which I use towards a game I'm back in line for.
6. Trading INFO is your friend. Bioshock for x360 has 9 Active Full Package requests waiting for the game. HOWEVER, there are 7 trades going on right now. You can pretty much guess that the game will trade at least 7 times a week due to that. So you could get your game quickly.

Note on DISC ONLY. Trading for Disc Only on new games is beneficial because A: It's still easy to trade back out B: sometimes you get Full Package from nice people. Remember disc only is only the MINIMUM package you can receive.

I personally trade for alot of disc only games. However, realize that Burnout Paradise (which I just traded for disc only) probably will take a long time to send out in that condition because there are 3 Full Package offers ahead of it. This game might be an Ebayer for me or something.

I'm acsguitar over there as well if you have any question feel free to ask me here or there. Once you get a hang of the site it's really great. Start adding games now!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:29 pm

So, I went out to get a few Bluray cases at my local used media store and I noticed they had Bioshock for 10 bucks... so I bought it. I got home and checked my email and lo and behold I'm getting Bioshock. Contacted the seller to ask if he wouldn't confirm the trade and didn't get a response and then saw they sent it today. Oh well, I guess I can just flip it.

What do you guys usually do for shipping? Do you use the service? It seems high- I sent out a Bluray yesterday without a case and they quoted $2.50 for shipping. I just put 5 stamps on it which I think is more than enough. Any good rules of thumb for shipping w/case and for shipping without?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm

jfg wrote:So, I went out to get a few Bluray cases at my local used media store and I noticed they had Bioshock for 10 bucks... so I bought it. I got home and checked my email and lo and behold I'm getting Bioshock. Contacted the seller to ask if he wouldn't confirm the trade and didn't get a response and then saw they sent it today. Oh well, I guess I can just flip it.

What do you guys usually do for shipping? Do you use the service? It seems high- I sent out a Bluray yesterday without a case and they quoted $2.50 for shipping. I just put 5 stamps on it which I think is more than enough. Any good rules of thumb for shipping w/case and for shipping without?

Use paypal

I use this thread for reference
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/ ... .aspx#2186

Much cheaper to do that. First Class Mail with DC 2.50 is pretty standard
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

I use paypal and a $10 food scale from Bed Bath and Beyond. The weights assigned by goozex aren't always that accurate.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:47 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I use paypal and a $10 food scale from Bed Bath and Beyond. The weights assigned by goozex aren't always that accurate.

Yep....I always just put 10 ounces to be safe but thats way more then it should be.

Be sure to put the correct weight at. Also bubble wrap it. Most goozers are pretty courteous.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jfg » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:00 am

Is there any chance I'm able to trade my disc only copy of Final Fantasy VII? 79 in queue.... you'd think with that kind of supply it wouldn't be worth 950 points.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:57 am

jfg wrote:Is there any chance I'm able to trade my disc only copy of Final Fantasy VII? 79 in queue.... you'd think with that kind of supply it wouldn't be worth 950 points.

It will probably take a really long time. The points value should definitely be lower. There are certain games where the point values don't make that much sense and cause there to be a really long offer queue or a really long request queue.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 am

Are you guys still into this site?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 am

jfg wrote:Are you guys still into this site?

Yeah I still use it. I haven't traded for a couple months though, I've got a huge backlog of games that I don't have time to play. :-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby zepfan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 am

I'm still using it too. I've sent out about 8 games and probably received about four. So far so good. I am sitting on about 2500 points though. I don't even know which games I want so I haven't been receiving much. The one dollar price increase didn't bother me too much. Still way better than Gamestop. Also, it's good to know if I buy a new game and I don't like it, I can flip it quickly for almost full value. *cough*DC Universe*cough* ;-D

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games