Goozex: Game Trading site - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Goozex: Game Trading site

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Goozex: Game Trading site

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:51 am

I was wondering who the heck phantasystar was. Just make sure you read the FAQs and you should enjoy the site. As far as LBP, I think most people request the GOTY edition since it is only 100 pts more. The regular edition probably needs to drop down some points for the queue to get moving. The key to the site is to have a lot of patience and you'll save a lot of money in the long run. I would also suggest putting an on hold request for every single game you think you might ever want. That way you go up in position in the queue while you're waiting to want to request it. You can have up to 100 on hold requests. Then when you have the points/want the game, then just set the request to active and then you can match.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zepfan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Cool thanks for the help! I've got a couple quick questions too, if you can bear with me. :-D

I noticed the site suggested getting "delivery confirmation" but when I asked at the post office how much it would cost they said around $10 per item so I declined (I guess because it would have to be courriered instead of shipped by regular mail?). For that much it would almost defeat the purpose of using the site. Do you use delivery confirmation and how much does it cost you?

On a semi-related note, assuming some people don't use delivery confirmation, is there anything preventing the receiver from saying he never got it? Seems like it would be easy to take a game and say you never got it.

Finally, if I live nearby one of the people I got matched with, can I drop it off in person or does that complicate things?

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:06 pm

You are in Canada right? People in Canada don't use DC since it costs a ridiculous amount. Generally if you keep your receipt you get when you mail it, then that will cover you in most instances. Some people take pictures of their items before they send them to show them addressed and the game. In the US DC is $0.75 if you get it at the PO and $0.19 if you use paypal shipping. Unfortunately you can't use that in Canada. Yeah you can hand deliver games if you want, everything is just depending on the receiver reporting your feedback. For your first 3 trades you don't get your points until you get positive feedback, but after that you get the points right when you confirm shipment. There are scammers occassionally, but Goozex guarantees their trades so if you can prove that you mailed it then you will always be in the clear. If something actually gets lost their refund the buyer and seller their points. I would suggest reading the FAQ and I believe there is a thread in the forum specifically about shipping advice in Canada.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zepfan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Ok that helps. I checked the FAQ but could only find some of the info I wanted but I didn't know about the message board so I'll check that out. Good info, thanks again. ;-D

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby jfg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 pm

I don't know if anybody saw the post I just deleted, but I take everything back. This site rules. I just traded MLB 2K10 in midseason for basically $50 in trade. I'm picky about my games, but with this I can get a game for 1000 points, and if I don't like it I just trade it to somebody else and get the 1000 points back right? Basically I just pay the shipping and trade in cost? That's still less than trying out a game by renting it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jfg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Looks like there are long waits for new releases though... how long does it usually take before a new release is available? I've been wanting to play Alan Wake for a long time, but it seems like this site is best for trading new games for full price to get a handful of older releases.

It seems like months before any new games are going to be available... Why not just sell a game on Amazon and then use the money to buy another one? I could have sold MLB 2K10 for 30 dollars on Amazon and bought Alan Wake for about 40 with shipping. It's a 10 dollar difference, but I'd have it in a couple weeks not a couple months.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 am

Yeah you pay the cost of shipping, usually around $2 with DC if you use paypal shipping when you sell, and when you buy you pay a token that is worth $1 unless you buy them on sale. I'm still on a really long wait for Alan Wake but I've got plenty of other games to play for now. But yeah, if you want a game right now then it won't work as well for you. I would suggest requesting every game you think you might ever want and put the requests on hold, that way you will gain spots in line without committing to trading for it. To get a high spot on new games you have to be online at 1am est Monday night to request it right when it goes live, I've never done that yet but the site is really bogged down then. I mainly put in requests for the new games the morning after they release and I can get them within like 2 months. Most of the games I get have already been released for a year at least but I just never played them. I just got a 360 the other week and played Gears of War 2 and now I just started Mass Effect last night.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 pm

OK, cool thanks for the info.

One thing I see as a possibility is using games to buy movies. I could buy a brand new game and avoid multiple shipping charges on movies by paying that shipping just once for 1000 points and maybe a bonus. Basically flipping a game to get some movies at a discount. I have an HD-DVD player and I've been buying a lot of movies on Amazon fairly cheaply but it might be cheaper to buy games when they're on sale a couple months after they are released... Problem is I'm running out of HD-DVD movies I want. I don't know if there's a benefit for Bluray since they don't have that huge discount.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:55 pm

I received my 1000 points today but nothing is available even though it's showing as available when I'm just browsing through it. Bioshock has been out for years. Did I just trade a game in for the chance of getting games months from now?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 pm

jfg wrote:I received my 1000 points today but nothing is available even though it's showing as available when I'm just browsing through it. Bioshock has been out for years. Did I just trade a game in for the chance of getting games months from now?

I don't think you'll have to wait very long for that game, I'm surprised that there is a wait for it. The available thing doesn't work very well. If you look at a game's trading stats it will tell you the supply and demand as well as how many current trades there are. I would queue up any game that you think you might ever want and put it on hold, that way you'll gain position in line while you wait to activate it.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games