100% Online League since 1996 needs ONE owner...LAST CHANCE! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

100% Online League since 1996 needs ONE owner...LAST CHANCE!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

100% Online League since 1996 needs ONE owner...LAST CHANCE!

Postby lostdruid » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:47 pm

I don't know if we're the oldest 100% online private league, but the Poorboys Leagues have been running since 1996, back when Netscape 1.1 was all the rage and Telnet was the only way to draft.

Why join an impersonal league run by some mega corporation? We are a private league of funny, friendly people. Have fun and make friends at the same time.

ABOUT US:
We are the Poorboys National League, a 13-team, 25-player-per-team league using National League rosters. We are an IN-DEPTH league. We use most every player available. We have a 12-man bench, 15-man minors, and unlimited DL. We have a unique keeper system, salary structure and cap that make our league the most realistic GM experience available. We use a typical $260 budget, and an auction-style draft. I am the Commissioner, and my promise to you is that everyone in my leagues gets fair treatment. There are no rule-bending exceptions made in my leagues.

We have some of the best players in the country. Those LABR chumps got nothing on us.

Entry fee is $50, and we pay cash prizes to the top 4 teams. All our stats are handled on the Web.

OUR DRAFT IS SATURDAY, APRIL 3, STARTING AT NOON EST.

ABOUT YOU:
You are a knowledgeable, dedicated fantasy baseball owner. You know your players and some strategy. You are a long-term thinker, willing to rebuild if necessary to build a dynasty. You are friendly and courteous, but not above talking a little friendly trash. You are looking for a league that will be a challenge, and that is as realistic as it can get. You are looking for owners who know what they are doing. You wouldn't mind making a friend or two along the way who have real names like Ted or Jeff, not xyZ123 or UrTeAmSuX.

Sound good? Drop me a line with questions or for a complete ruleset.

Chris Carlson, Commissioner
mailto:lostdruid@earthlink.net
Last edited by lostdruid on Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostdruid
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lostdruid » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:18 pm

*bump* 1 slot filled, only need one more owner...if you are thinking about us, now's the time to act!
lostdruid
T-Ball Trainer

Postby lostdruid » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:13 pm

*bump* an owner fell through at the last minute, one spot left, this is the LAST chance to get in on a really great league with super people.
lostdruid
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Classifieds