What Concert Have You Been To Lately? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What Concert Have You Been To Lately?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What Concert Have You Been To Lately?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:47 pm

i didnt see a specific concert thread anywhere so i was curious if anyone had been to any lately?

i saw Slipknot, Coheed and Cambria and Trivium on Saturday. it was pretty good, i'm not as big a fan of the heavy stuff anymore but my 13 year old nephew really likes Slipknot so i decided to tag along with him and my brother

i had never heard of Trivium, seemed like your run of the mill Cookie Monster band but they werent bad.
had heard of Coheed but never their music. it was OK but the crowd generally seemed to hate them. i think their lead singer is Cousin It
Slipknot was good, although Corey's vocals were drowned out by the band. i'm pretty sure they can cut about 3 guys from that band as well because half the time the 2 extra drummers and the keyboard player just walked around and climbed on the drum set

next up is Billy Joel and Elton John in May (quite the 180 from Slipknot :-b )
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What Concert Have You Been To Lately?

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:next up is Billy Joel and Elton John in May (quite the 180 from Slipknot :-b )

Yeah, they're here next month. I've been looking for tickets for my wife's birthday. :-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm

I go to one every day on YouTube ;-)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:next up is Billy Joel and Elton John in May (quite the 180 from Slipknot :-b )

Yeah, they're here next month. I've been looking for tickets for my wife's birthday. :-)

at our venue it was $50, $100 and $180. i opted for the $100 and they are fricking upper deck (row 5 so still not bad) but i assumed
$180=floor
$100=Lower Bowl
$50=Upper Bowl
oh well IIRC they are above where i sat for Slipknot (Same venue) so they should be fine
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Saw Metallica on the 27th. Excellent show. They were up there for 2 hours and didn't play anything from Load, Reload, or St. Anger. They did play 6 or 7 songs from the new album, which is fine b/c its a good ablum, but I listened to it so much already that I really didn't need that much again.

Machinehead was the second opener. Meh.

The Sword was the first opener and they did really well.

I was going to go see Slipknot Friday but was too sick and sold my floor tix.

I saw In Flames a month ro two ago at HoB in Chicago and they put on a really really good show.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 pm

I saw the Smashing Pumpkins back in October. They were pretty good, though they spread their hits out over the two nights they were here and I only went to the first night.

The Dead are coming here in April but tickets are a little pricey so I'm not sure if I'm going or not.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Another Blown Save » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Last big concert I went to was when I saw Sigur ros last September in Boston.
Unfortunately, I haven't gone to a major concert since then, but I'm hoping to see Animal Collective this spring.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ensanimal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Saw Neil Young last November. Awesome show. Can't believe how hard he can still rock at his age. Ended with A Day in the Life (Beatles). ;-D ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 111)

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:07 pm

I haven't been to a show since last summer, but I believe the last two I saw were Pearl Jam in July and Jethro Tull in August.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby jfg » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:01 pm

I haven't been in a show in awhile, I used to be able to get on guest lists at most clubs around the Twin Cities but I lost my connection. I want to see a show at the Xcel which I hear is great but no way am I spending 100 dollars to go see bands that haven't been relevant in 20 years. I'm sure the shows are ok but that's a ridiculous amount to pay to go see 50-60+ year olds prance around the stage.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Next

Return to General Talk