Jeter doesn't watch baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 pm

From the Boston Globe, another excerpt from the Verducci book...

Verducci describes a scene where Borzello [Yankees bullpen coach], A-Rod, and Jeter have gone to Jeter's house to hang out. Jeter is waiting for a barber while A-Rod is fiddling with the TV:

Borzello says, "So we went over there and we sit down and Alex turns on the TV, waiting for the guy [barber] . . . And Alex goes, 'Where's the baseball package? Jeet, what channel is the baseball package on?' And Jeter goes, 'I don't have that stuff.' And Alex goes, 'How come you don't have the baseball package?' He couldn't believe it, like, 'What else do you do?' So it was just funny because Derek will never watch a baseball game other than the one he plays in. They're just complete opposites. I remember Alex's reaction to it was like, 'How is that possible?' "
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Meh... I play tons of tennis and never watch it.

I didn't even know Nadal played Federer until this morning, let alone knowing that Nadal beat him... again.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby MasterX1918 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:56 pm

OMG HE DOESNT WATCH BASEBALL WOW HE SUCKS. Seriously though, what's the big deal.
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby noseeum » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:57 pm

No "true Yankee" watches other teams play baseball on TV. C'mon Arod. Get with the program. ;-7
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1697
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm

This is so insignificant. :-t
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 pm

It's not like you can't watch baseball without the MLB EI package anyway. Jeter would be playing or just finished a game for the majority of the games shown.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:03 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:OMG HE DOESNT WATCH BASEBALL WOW HE SUCKS. Seriously though, what's the big deal.

Maybe you don't care. I think it's a little shocking... the sport that has given him his whole life, he isn't interested in unless it's to watch himself? And people call A-Rod narcissistic?

I sent this to my baseball league and got this reply from a friend who's a life-long Yankees fan:
Wow, as a Yankees fan, I don't know who's side to take. I feel sick. Kudos!
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby noseeum » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Matthias wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:OMG HE DOESNT WATCH BASEBALL WOW HE SUCKS. Seriously though, what's the big deal.

Maybe you don't care. I think it's a little shocking... the sport that has given him his whole life, he isn't interested in unless it's to watch himself? And people call A-Rod narcissistic?

I sent this to my baseball league and got this reply from a friend who's a life-long Yankees fan:
Wow, as a Yankees fan, I don't know who's side to take. I feel sick. Kudos!


He doesn't even watch himself. It doesn't say he plays at Yankee stadium, then goes and watches the replay of the game at home. It just says he doesn't have the MLB package. I think you'd reading a bit much into it.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1697
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Oh no. Say it ain't so Derek. Say it ain't so.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: Jeter doesn't watch baseball

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:09 pm

noseeum wrote:
Matthias wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:OMG HE DOESNT WATCH BASEBALL WOW HE SUCKS. Seriously though, what's the big deal.

Maybe you don't care. I think it's a little shocking... the sport that has given him his whole life, he isn't interested in unless it's to watch himself? And people call A-Rod narcissistic?

I sent this to my baseball league and got this reply from a friend who's a life-long Yankees fan:
Wow, as a Yankees fan, I don't know who's side to take. I feel sick. Kudos!


He doesn't even watch himself. It doesn't say he plays at Yankee stadium, then goes and watches the replay of the game at home. It just says he doesn't have the MLB package. I think you'd reading a bit much into it.

Not really. A direct quote from Borzello from the article:
So it was just funny because Derek will never watch a baseball game other than the one he plays in.

Or maybe.... I guess he could just be saying that Jeter doesn't watch any baseball on television, period. But I still think that's odd..... "love of the game" and all that. And if the roles had been reversed and Alex didn't ever watch baseball on TV, this thread would've been piled on with people saying, "A-Fraud doesn't care about the game" or, "A-Fraud is just in it for himself", etc., etc.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to New York Yankees

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Sep. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Houston
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact