Discussion: Rosters and Categories - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Positions for OF

OF, OF, OF, OF, OF
5
42%
LF, RF, CF, OF, OF
7
58%
 
Total votes : 12

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 am

Well, football season is officially over, time to set the sets on baseball :-D

Rosters last year were fine. In terms of cats, I'm not so keen on losses. My suggestion would be to ditch wins/losses and replace with QS. But then you'd need another cat. I'd say holds but I don't know if I wanna go into that realm of RPs. Maybe K/BB or K/9 but those are kinda redundant with whip/ks.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:23 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Next discussion: How do we configure the rosters? How many players and what positions do we want? This is what we had last year:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

For categories we had:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP


;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:15 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Well, football season is officially over, time to set the sets on baseball :-D

Rosters last year were fine. In terms of cats, I'm not so keen on losses. My suggestion would be to ditch wins/losses and replace with QS. But then you'd need another cat. I'd say holds but I don't know if I wanna go into that realm of RPs. Maybe K/BB or K/9 but those are kinda redundant with whip/ks.


im not a proponent of QS in place of wins, nor am i a fan of holds. id listen to other suggestions though.


It's not that big a deal for me. I probably wasn't clear enough but if we just kept last year the same that would be perfectly fine for me. Just tossing out ideas.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:22 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Well, football season is officially over, time to set the sets on baseball :-D

Rosters last year were fine. In terms of cats, I'm not so keen on losses. My suggestion would be to ditch wins/losses and replace with QS. But then you'd need another cat. I'd say holds but I don't know if I wanna go into that realm of RPs. Maybe K/BB or K/9 but those are kinda redundant with whip/ks.


im not a proponent of QS in place of wins, nor am i a fan of holds. id listen to other suggestions though.


It's not that big a deal for me. I probably wasn't clear enough but if we just kept last year the same that would be perfectly fine for me. Just tossing out ideas.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby RedBullVodka » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:30 am

Personally I don't like losses, and would much prefer holds.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 882
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 9 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Next discussion: How do we configure the rosters? How many players and what positions do we want? This is what we had last year:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

For categories we had:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP


;-D

;-D ;-D
Image
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3852
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 am

I'd rather have 5 OF than LF/CF/RF.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6584
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Cold Stove League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 12:12 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact