Discussion: Rosters and Categories - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Positions for OF

OF, OF, OF, OF, OF
42%
LF, RF, CF, OF, OF
58%

Total votes : 12

Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Next discussion: How do we configure the rosters? How many players and what positions do we want? This is what we had last year:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

For categories we had:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Discussion: Rosters and Categories

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 am

i loved our deeper rosters that we had last year.

as for the stat categories, they are fine with me. i like the addition of having L's to have another negative category, which prevents churning a little bit more.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 am

Well, football season is officially over, time to set the sets on baseball :-D

Rosters last year were fine. In terms of cats, I'm not so keen on losses. My suggestion would be to ditch wins/losses and replace with QS. But then you'd need another cat. I'd say holds but I don't know if I wanna go into that realm of RPs. Maybe K/BB or K/9 but those are kinda redundant with whip/ks.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:11 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Well, football season is officially over, time to set the sets on baseball :-D

Rosters last year were fine. In terms of cats, I'm not so keen on losses. My suggestion would be to ditch wins/losses and replace with QS. But then you'd need another cat. I'd say holds but I don't know if I wanna go into that realm of RPs. Maybe K/BB or K/9 but those are kinda redundant with whip/ks.

im not a proponent of QS in place of wins, nor am i a fan of holds. id listen to other suggestions though.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:23 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Next discussion: How do we configure the rosters? How many players and what positions do we want? This is what we had last year:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

For categories we had:

;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:15 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Well, football season is officially over, time to set the sets on baseball :-D

im not a proponent of QS in place of wins, nor am i a fan of holds. id listen to other suggestions though.

It's not that big a deal for me. I probably wasn't clear enough but if we just kept last year the same that would be perfectly fine for me. Just tossing out ideas.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:22 am

Snakes Gould wrote:

It's not that big a deal for me. I probably wasn't clear enough but if we just kept last year the same that would be perfectly fine for me. Just tossing out ideas.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedBullVodka » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:30 am

Personally I don't like losses, and would much prefer holds.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Next discussion: How do we configure the rosters? How many players and what positions do we want? This is what we had last year:

For categories we had:

;-D

;-D ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 am

I'd rather have 5 OF than LF/CF/RF.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Cold Stove League