Looking to inject Excitement into Fant BB!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Looking to inject Excitement into Fant BB!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to inject Excitement into Fant BB!!!

Postby noblejohn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:42 pm

I am somewhat a fantasy baseball novice, but have played in meen maybe 7 leagues in my lifetime. Maybe it is just the leagues I am in, but I have found that it always seems that one or two teams get to the top of the standings in the 4th week or so, and then the league kind of stagnates. The leaders just get stronger and the standings never seem to change. Frankly, it starts to get a little boring.

Fantasy football however, seems to have a ton of excitement. There are only 13 or so games in the regular season and 70% or so of the teams have some sort of shot with 4 weeks remaining.

So my question - are there any fantasy baseball leagues that have the same kind of excitement throughout the season that Fatnasy Football has???

- Does anyone draft more than once per season????
- Is head to head style more exciting that rotisserie???

Looking for suggestions -
noblejohn
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to inject Excitement into Fant BB!!!

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:51 am

Head to head all day baby
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 404)

Postby gocardinals413 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Head to Head, points, weekly matchups is all about excitement. It pretty much is the same thing as fantasy football only the games are EVERY DAY for the entire summer. I guarantee you will be up late watching Sunday night baseball needing your batter to get a couple more hits for the win.
gocardinals413
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby baizboll » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:34 pm

Roto frequently shakes out the way you describe it - somebody takes the lead in the first month and 2 or 3 other teams are in the chase for the rest of the season. It's rare to see somebody come from 5th or lower in June to battle for the title. However in HTH, there can be quite alot of movement in the standings over the course of the season.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:39 am

I agree with the above posters that you would probably find H2H more exciting on a weekly basis.

However, I would like to challenge the idea that roto leagues are all but over for two thirds of the league halfway through the season. I think it's quite possible your competition hasn't been that good. In the really competitive roto leagues I've been in there's always been at least one team in the bottom half come back and make a push for the championship, occasionally even winning it. Granted, if you're in 10th or 11th place at the All-Star Break there's probably not much you can do, but that's usually the case in H2H too. It's just a different pace, but if you have good competition, Roto can be just as exciting as H2H.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner