I'm never eating at Quiznos again... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:44 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
baizboll wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:If you spend enough time in a Subway, your sweat starts to smell like their store.

Subway never made me sweat, but I'll take your word for it. 8-o

An ex-girlfriend of mine used to work there and she would stink when she got out of work. Even after taking a shower.

so not only is their food incredibly unhealthy, but they also use child labor to create this filth? i think it's time for a boycott...
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
baizboll wrote:
Subway never made me sweat, but I'll take your word for it. 8-o

An ex-girlfriend of mine used to work there and she would stink when she got out of work. Even after taking a shower.

so not only is their food incredibly unhealthy, but they also use child labor to create this filth? i think it's time for a boycott...

ZING! :-b
They pay her in Dawson's Creek and Titanic posters ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

In the City itself there are dozens of great, loca (non-chain) sandwich shops. San Francisco is known for its great sourdough bread, and several places there make great, great bread. You have to search hard for a bad sandwich in Frisco. That was my experience.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:07 pm

knapplc wrote:Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

In the City itself there are dozens of great, loca (non-chain) sandwich shops. San Francisco is known for its great sourdough bread, and several places there make great, great bread. You have to search hard for a bad sandwich in Frisco. That was my experience.

ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby baizboll » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:56 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:An ex-girlfriend of mine used to work there and she would stink when she got out of work. Even after taking a shower.

I've worked in a kitchen and you are right, the grease smell is somewhat pervasive. But it DID wash off. Ya gotta get it outta ya hair. :-D
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:05 am

lol my wife just told me she has a buy one get one free coupon from Quiznos. I'm getting the tuna melt!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am

Yoda wrote:lol my wife just told me she has a buy one get one free coupon from Quiznos. I'm getting the tuna melt!

but what are you getting from Quiznos }:-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:22 am

AussieDodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D

Togo's is a chain like any other so it can be hit and miss at some locations, even if you get a bad one though it's a bazillion times better than Subway or Quiznos. You're probably good at most locations in the city. :-?

If you really want an awesome Sammich in the city you must go to Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store or Cafe Also Saigon Sandwich Shop makes some kick ass sammiches. Like Knapp said it's tough to find a bad sammich shop in San Fran. Where you eat is going to depend on where you are though, you're not really going to want to travel halfway across the city for a sammich. Just ask the front desk clerk at your hotel where the best place to get a good sammy is close to you. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Metroid wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D

Togo's is a chain like any other so it can be hit and miss at some locations, even if you get a bad one though it's a bazillion times better than Subway or Quiznos. You're probably good at most locations in the city. :-?

If you really want an awesome Sammich in the city you must go to Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store or Cafe Also Saigon Sandwich Shop makes some kick ass sammiches. Like Knapp said it's tough to find a bad sammich shop in San Fran. Where you eat is going to depend on where you are though, you're not really going to want to travel halfway across the city for a sammich. Just ask the front desk clerk at your hotel where the best place to get a good sammy is close to you. ;-D

now i want a sammich. i am going out for free lunch on a supplier today, hopefully it is a sammich place
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D

now i want a sammich. i am going out for free lunch on a supplier today, hopefully it is a sammich place

Yeah I want one too. I haven't found a really good sammich place here yet....maybe I'll see if I can find some reviews on the web. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk