I'm never eating at Quiznos again... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:44 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
baizboll wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:If you spend enough time in a Subway, your sweat starts to smell like their store.


Subway never made me sweat, but I'll take your word for it. 8-o


An ex-girlfriend of mine used to work there and she would stink when she got out of work. Even after taking a shower.


so not only is their food incredibly unhealthy, but they also use child labor to create this filth? i think it's time for a boycott...
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 430)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
baizboll wrote:
Subway never made me sweat, but I'll take your word for it. 8-o


An ex-girlfriend of mine used to work there and she would stink when she got out of work. Even after taking a shower.


so not only is their food incredibly unhealthy, but they also use child labor to create this filth? i think it's time for a boycott...


ZING! :-b
They pay her in Dawson's Creek and Titanic posters ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

In the City itself there are dozens of great, loca (non-chain) sandwich shops. San Francisco is known for its great sourdough bread, and several places there make great, great bread. You have to search hard for a bad sandwich in Frisco. That was my experience.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:07 pm

knapplc wrote:Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

In the City itself there are dozens of great, loca (non-chain) sandwich shops. San Francisco is known for its great sourdough bread, and several places there make great, great bread. You have to search hard for a bad sandwich in Frisco. That was my experience.


ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby baizboll » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:56 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:An ex-girlfriend of mine used to work there and she would stink when she got out of work. Even after taking a shower.


I've worked in a kitchen and you are right, the grease smell is somewhat pervasive. But it DID wash off. Ya gotta get it outta ya hair. :-D
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

Image
baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Edge of LunaSea

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:05 am

lol my wife just told me she has a buy one get one free coupon from Quiznos. I'm getting the tuna melt!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am

Yoda wrote:lol my wife just told me she has a buy one get one free coupon from Quiznos. I'm getting the tuna melt!


but what are you getting from Quiznos }:-)
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby Metroid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:22 am

AussieDodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

In the City itself there are dozens of great, loca (non-chain) sandwich shops. San Francisco is known for its great sourdough bread, and several places there make great, great bread. You have to search hard for a bad sandwich in Frisco. That was my experience.


ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D

Togo's is a chain like any other so it can be hit and miss at some locations, even if you get a bad one though it's a bazillion times better than Subway or Quiznos. You're probably good at most locations in the city. :-?

If you really want an awesome Sammich in the city you must go to Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store or Cafe Also Saigon Sandwich Shop makes some kick ass sammiches. Like Knapp said it's tough to find a bad sammich shop in San Fran. Where you eat is going to depend on where you are though, you're not really going to want to travel halfway across the city for a sammich. Just ask the front desk clerk at your hotel where the best place to get a good sammy is close to you. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Metroid wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:Aussie, if you're looking for a sandwich in the San Fran Bay area, go to ToGo's. They have great sandwiches that blow Subway clean out of the water.

In the City itself there are dozens of great, loca (non-chain) sandwich shops. San Francisco is known for its great sourdough bread, and several places there make great, great bread. You have to search hard for a bad sandwich in Frisco. That was my experience.


ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D

Togo's is a chain like any other so it can be hit and miss at some locations, even if you get a bad one though it's a bazillion times better than Subway or Quiznos. You're probably good at most locations in the city. :-?

If you really want an awesome Sammich in the city you must go to Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store or Cafe Also Saigon Sandwich Shop makes some kick ass sammiches. Like Knapp said it's tough to find a bad sammich shop in San Fran. Where you eat is going to depend on where you are though, you're not really going to want to travel halfway across the city for a sammich. Just ask the front desk clerk at your hotel where the best place to get a good sammy is close to you. ;-D


now i want a sammich. i am going out for free lunch on a supplier today, hopefully it is a sammich place
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I'm never eating at Quiznos again...

Postby Metroid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
ToGo's.
<---- Writes down

Thanks ;-D

Togo's is a chain like any other so it can be hit and miss at some locations, even if you get a bad one though it's a bazillion times better than Subway or Quiznos. You're probably good at most locations in the city. :-?

If you really want an awesome Sammich in the city you must go to Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store or Cafe Also Saigon Sandwich Shop makes some kick ass sammiches. Like Knapp said it's tough to find a bad sammich shop in San Fran. Where you eat is going to depend on where you are though, you're not really going to want to travel halfway across the city for a sammich. Just ask the front desk clerk at your hotel where the best place to get a good sammy is close to you. ;-D


now i want a sammich. i am going out for free lunch on a supplier today, hopefully it is a sammich place

Yeah I want one too. I haven't found a really good sammich place here yet....maybe I'll see if I can find some reviews on the web. :-?
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact