FBC Community Top 20 OF - #3: Josh Hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FBC Community Top 20 OF - #3: Josh Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is the #3 outfielder in a standard 5x5 league?

Josh Hamilton
40%
Matt Holliday
28%
Carlos Beltran
18%
Alfonso Soriano
3%
Manny Ramirez
6%
Carlos Lee
2%
Carlos Quentin
1%
B.J. Upton
1%
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 94

FBC Community Top 20 OF - #3: Josh Hamilton

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Last edited by The Artful Dodger on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Rankings - OF Edition - Vote #3

Postby hot4tx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 pm

I can't believe it but I just voted for Soriano. The reason - FEAR. I'm too afraid of Hamilton's power decrease after the ASB to take him over Soriano and too afraid of how Holiday moving from one of the best hitters parks to one of the worst will lower his HRs and ave and also how much his SBs will suffer on one of the least running teams over the past 5 or so years. Barring injury I think of the three guys on this list capable of putting up 1st round numbers Soriano is the least likely to be a team-killing disappointment. I completely understand dissenting opinions and as we get into February I may completely change my mind, but Soriano gets my vote right now.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 pm

6 votes for 5 different players so far.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Old_Style » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm the putz that voted for Holliday. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:6 votes for 5 different players so far.

Yeah, no surprises to see it so wide open and all of these OF in the poll are so closely valued. I voted for Hamilton though durability is still a lingering concern for him.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:19 pm

i go hamilton as well. his upside is higher than the rest. there is just far too much downside with holliday for him to be considered here and im foreseeing beltran and/or soriano slowly decreasing their production, possibly starting this year. the others should not be considered at all right here.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby horatio » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 pm

I'm the putz that voted for Holliday. ;-D

Yeah, I vote for Holliday too, despite the change in scenery he's been too good in the past for me to knock him any lower than that. I might be tempted to go with Hamilton but come decision time on draft day I just don't think I take Hamilton before Holliday considering Josh's fade in the 2nd half last year and his shorter track record. I considered Beltran here too but I had Holliday ranked #2 on my cheat sheets last year so for me to knock him down any further than the #3 outfielder just doesn't sit well with me.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i go hamilton as well. his upside is higher than the rest. there is just far too much downside with holliday for him to be considered here and im foreseeing beltran and/or soriano slowly decreasing their production, possibly starting this year. the others should not be considered at all right here.

I don't think Beltran gradually declines this season, as his numbers were pulled down hitting half of the year at Shea for the past 4 years. Problem solved. In Soriano's case, if he can shake off the nagging leg injuries, even if his SB start to sag, he still has it in him to knock 30-35 homers.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby thedude » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:39 pm

I'll take Matt Holliday, MD
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i go hamilton as well. his upside is higher than the rest. there is just far too much downside with holliday for him to be considered here and im foreseeing beltran and/or soriano slowly decreasing their production, possibly starting this year. the others should not be considered at all right here.

I don't think Beltran gradually declines this season, as his numbers were pulled down hitting half of the year at Shea for the past 4 years. Problem solved. In Soriano's case, if he can shake off the nagging leg injuries, even if his SB start to sag, he still has it in him to knock 30-35 homers.

i dont really think beltran declines THIS season in particular, but im just saying i could see it happen. i actually remember saying something to the beltran owner in my money league about how quiet a year he was having (he agreed) and then he ended up with very solid numbers. instead of declined, i probably should have used peaked.

as for soriano, i agree he can easily finish with 30-35 homers, but his days of high sb outputs are over, and his rbi/run collective totals always are lower than the others who are drafted around him.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers