Best players added to Yahoo! this year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best players added to Yahoo! this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best players added to Yahoo! this year

Postby RynoDyno » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:My belief/understanding matches yours: he can't go on the DL if there is no team to put him on the DL. Even in leagues set to show players as soon as we add them, I'd expect him to float around in NA land until somebody signs him and puts him on the DL.

Ok, thats what i thought. What are the chsances of adding something like a maximum of 3 NA spots (like the DL) as a roster option. Because like the DL, that player listed as Not Active cannnot play and only uses up a roster spot. Just curious.

We've discussed that sort of thing before. It comes up a lot in the context of basketball, which no longer has a DL. I wouldn't say it won't ever happen, but I think the way the discussion usually goes it that doing that work would be reasonably time consuming, and would add marginal value over a league just adding more roster slots. So while it might happen, I don't think it is high on "the list" right now.

Genie,

Sorry if this has been asked, but are you going to bump the max roster size up to 40 or more anytime soon? If not, can I ask why not?
DaSh 1s wrote:PS how do u not want to cup the best player in baseball's sack?

ewwww
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 pm

RynoDyno wrote:
Genie,

Sorry if this has been asked, but are you going to bump the max roster size up to 40 or more anytime soon? If not, can I ask why not?

My best guess would be because I don't ever remember seeing anyone ask for it before heh... I can throw it on "the list" so it gets considered in future games, I just haven't heard much demand compared to other things.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby RynoDyno » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
RynoDyno wrote:
Genie,

My best guess would be because I don't ever remember seeing anyone ask for it before heh... I can throw it on "the list" so it gets considered in future games, I just haven't heard much demand compared to other things.

Ha, gotcha. Yeah, guess I assumed it had been asked for before. I know I've read about the "problem" on other sites with more people that play dynasty leagues.

It would be really nice for people in bigger leagues. I'm in two 40 man dynasty league and have to keep track of a minors roster on the side. Before each transaction, people have to check the outside database to know whether or not a player is available to be picked up. If the rosters were bigger, anyone in yahoo could just be on the teams and there would be no double checking.

Anyway, just an idea for the future, thanks for the reply!
DaSh 1s wrote:PS how do u not want to cup the best player in baseball's sack?

ewwww
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby auclairkeithbc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Is Yahoo! considering expanding league settings to allow for up to 30 teams and/or having a 2 league format (or divisional format) anytime soon? I am in several leagues with more than 20 teams, and it would be nice to have a world series where we didn't have to manually keep score.

Thanks,
Keith
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:47 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:Is Yahoo! considering expanding league settings to allow for up to 30 teams and/or having a 2 league format (or divisional format) anytime soon? I am in several leagues with more than 20 teams, and it would be nice to have a world series where we didn't have to manually keep score.

Thanks,
Keith

re: 30 teams
I haven't heard much in the way of interest in this or discussion of this.

re: divisional format
We already allow two divisions, but it sounds like you mean something more specific than that. I (as always) can't say much about what new features might be offered when, but if you clarify what you want, I can feed it into the product definition process so it gets considered.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby auclairkeithbc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Why is there a cap at 20 teams? Just curious. I know it probably wouldn't be used by a tremendous number of leagues, but if it isn't a difficult process, why not? I know there are quite a few dynasty leagues that have 26+ teams.

The divisional format thing isn't too big of a deal to me. I know some leaguemates of mine are interested in a more real life MLB setup. I would imagine this would be more painstaking than expanding the number of teams in a league though. But maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks again.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:59 am

Hi Genie,

First time caller, long time listener.
Is there any thought to make the team names longer then 20 characters? I can't usually fit everything I want into that.

Thanks ;-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Hi Genie,

First time caller, long time listener.
Is there any thought to make the team names longer then 20 characters? I can't usually fit everything I want into that.

Thanks ;-)

good call. i'm not sure what Sportslines limit is but at the end of the season i changed my name to "I'd Have Made the Playoffs If I Had Started DeAngelo Williams In Week 5 Instead of Maroney or Week 10 Instead of Chris Johnson"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 pm

FYI, Rick Porcello (Det - P) has been added to the yahoo database.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 pm

The two things that I think would make Yahoo fantasy baseball better are:

1. Enforce the salary cap/cost values
2. Minor league rosters
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers