Length of Slow Auction Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Length of Slow Auction Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Length of Slow Auction Draft

Postby brtnsbs » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:59 pm

I've been lurking on the boards for quite sometime and finally decided it was time to post. I recently joined a league in which I am finally not commish. Its going to be nice to relax a little bit! The league is brand new 15 teams, and we will be doing a slow auction draft. We will be going 27 rounds with the auction draft.

The auction draft will run as follows, each team will nominate 2 players to be auctioned. After no bids have been received on a player the highest bid is determined to have won. This is pretty common from what I have seen posted on this message board.

We are having some difficulty deciding on a starting draft date, we are a little worried that starting March 1st may not give us enough time to complete the draft however starting in early February seems equally as crazy. We have tentatively decided on starting February 14th giving us nearly 6 weeks to complete the draft.

So my long winded question to the people of Fantasy Cafe, does this seem like sufficient time or are we budgeting too much time to the draft?

Thanks!!
brtnsbs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Length of Slow Auction Draft

Postby brtnsbs » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:01 am

We do have the 24 hour rule for closing out bids on specific players. I somehow forgot to post that in the thread.

Thanks for the info.
brtnsbs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tavo2311 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:51 pm

Hey all - I have never done a slow auction draft, but a bunch of guys at work are thinking they may want to do one for our annual cheap-o work league, so as to extend the fun, have more to talk trash and whatnot during work hours, and not have to coordinate an extra draft date around our "real" leagues. So anyway, for anyone that's run or been in one before, what is the best way to hold a slow auction based on your experience? Through e-mail, with each player getting their own e-mail chain? A forum that we can set up? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baizboll » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:40 pm

tavo2311 wrote:Hey all - I have never done a slow auction draft, but a bunch of guys at work are thinking they may want to do one for our annual cheap-o work league, so as to extend the fun, have more to talk trash and whatnot during work hours, and not have to coordinate an extra draft date around our "real" leagues. So anyway, for anyone that's run or been in one before, what is the best way to hold a slow auction based on your experience? Through e-mail, with each player getting their own e-mail chain? A forum that we can set up? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mookie4ever has done an excellent job of describing how a slow auction should work here:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=318172
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:47 am

Awesome, thanks for the link.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach