FBC Community Top 20 OF - #1: Grady Sizemore, #2: Ryan Braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FBC Community Top 20 OF - #1: Grady Sizemore, #2: Ryan Braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is the #1 outfielder in a standard 5x5 league?

Grady Sizemore
50%
Ryan Braun
39%
Josh Hamilton
4%
Matt Holliday
3%
Carlos Beltran
1%
Alfonso Soriano
No votes
Manny Ramirez
1%
Carlos Lee
No votes
Carlos Quentin
3%
B.J. Upton
No votes

Total votes : 118

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Rankings - OF Edition - Vote #1

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:57 pm

RAmst23 wrote:I'm going Braun here, my only concern with Grady is the average hurting you. 600 ABs of .268 avg hurts, and won't have a monster RBI total. With Braun you have double digit SBs thrown in and a possible 40 HRs.

Meh. Sizemore draws more than enough walks to improve that batting average in the future. Braun, meanwhile, doesn't draw enough walks to make me believe his average will hold at the level that it does. I'd bet Sizemore hits for a higher average than Braun does this year.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:00 pm

RAmst23 wrote:I'm going Braun here, my only concern with Grady is the average hurting you. 600 ABs of .268 avg hurts, and won't have a monster RBI total. With Braun you have double digit SBs thrown in and a possible 40 HRs.

if you consider .268 a baseline after he batted .289 .290 .277 in the three years prior. He'll bring it back up to the .275-.280 level. With sizemore you have close to a 30-40 season.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby beatdrum » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Braun ;-D
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:02 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:

Meh. Sizemore draws more than enough walks to improve that batting average in the future. Braun, meanwhile, doesn't draw enough walks to make me believe his average will hold at the level that it does. I'd bet Sizemore hits for a higher average than Braun does this year.

Sizemore was a bit unlucky with his average dipping as it did, but a near 10 HR spike from the previous year more than makes up for it.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 pm

I could make a case for anyone of...

Carlos Beltran
Josh Hamilton
Ryan Braun
Grady Sizemore
Matt Holliday
Alfonso Soriano

...Sizemore and Braun have the youth and higher potential of everyone but they all will be close in overall value, IMO.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 pm

....and since they are up there I wouldn't be suprised if Manny, BJ, Quentin or Lee were at the top either. I don't personally think there is anyone head and shoulders above anyone else. This is why I like the middle to late pick since you can grab 2 of these guys easily.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby smoovethug » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm

I went with Braun although it is very close. I can see Braun going for 40/100/15/.290 while I believe that the power numbers Grady put up last year are his peak and I can see him hitting around .275.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:13 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

if you consider .268 a baseline after he batted .289 .290 .277 in the three years prior. He'll bring it back up to the .275-.280 level. With sizemore you have close to a 30-40 season.

Couple responses to my post, so I went with this one. You're right, Grady's avg. may go up, and probably will, but I think Braun's will increase to a higher degree. Last year he had an awful September (.208), as he progresses I don't think his slumps will be quite so low (I couldn't remember if he was dealing with an injury at this time as well).

I'm by no means saying Grady is a bad pick, just I have Braun a bit higher. My projection on Braun is .290 - .300 41 105 120 15. Grady will have more Rs and SBs, higher HRs AVG and RBIs for Braun.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Went with Brawn.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 pm

I prefer power over speed. Braun.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers