100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

16 team dynasty

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 team dynasty

Postby nurmal22 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 am

IT's h2h 6x6 with ops and holds added
We are in the 15th round
C- I have sandoval in my minors. I have to hope he will play ten games behind the plate early in the year.
1b Pujols
SS- don't worry here, I still have three pretty decent options in tejada, cabrera, and guzman.
2B-
3B- zimmerman
RF- Werth
CF- Victorino
LF- Soriano
Util- Abreu
Util- David Murphy (Tex) I really like his potential.

SP- Peavy
SP Burnett
SP-Young
Sp- Baker
SP Billingsley
RP- Gonzalez
RP Marmol
RP Arredondo
RP Zumaya

What do you guys think. I will probably just go with a polanco or felipe lopez at 2b. Once the top four were gone, I decided to stack the pitching.
Last edited by nurmal22 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nurmal22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 16 team dynasty

Postby BoBtheMule » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:00 pm

i wouldn't rely on Cabrera or Christian Guzman for SS. Cabrera is unsigned and isn't likely to land anywhere unless a team has an injury. He's in a spot where it cost too much to sign him, even if he worked for nothing because of the draft pick compensation the White Sox would receive if he's signed... with the market the way it is, no team is looking to give up a first round pick for Cabrera.

As for Guzman, he's horrible, you may be better off going with no one b/c he's going to do nothing but hurt you, especially in a league that values OBS.

Tejada isn't great anymore but he's certainly far better than the other two.

As for relying on Sandoval... he's got Molina ahead of him and there are plenty of off-days in the first month. I wouldn't count on him starting a lot of games catching early on.

Otherwise, you're pitching is pretty good, even your two closers and your hitters seem balanced.
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whiskeyriver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:33 pm

BoBtheMule wrote:i wouldn't rely on Cabrera or Christian Guzman for SS. Cabrera is unsigned and isn't likely to land anywhere unless a team has an injury. He's in a spot where it cost too much to sign him, even if he worked for nothing because of the draft pick compensation the White Sox would receive if he's signed... with the market the way it is, no team is looking to give up a first round pick for Cabrera.

As for Guzman, he's horrible, you may be better off going with no one b/c he's going to do nothing but hurt you, especially in a league that values OBS.

Tejada isn't great anymore but he's certainly far better than the other two.

As for relying on Sandoval... he's got Molina ahead of him and there are plenty of off-days in the first month. I wouldn't count on him starting a lot of games catching early on.

Otherwise, you're pitching is pretty good, even your two closers and your hitters seem balanced.

Wow...disagree with this poster. First, Cabrera WILL be signed. You can bet on it. He is too valuable both defensively and offensively to not be signed by someone. And Tejada has legal issues looming over his head, and may be indicted by a grand jury this season. So...hmm. No complaints on the Guzman advice.

As for Sandoval, he'll play at C, 1B AND 3B this season, so you can throw him in your C spot regardless and get his stats. His bat will be in the lineup nearly every night. That is a fact. He will get 10 games behind the plate by the end of April. But you should probably have a fill-in handy for that first bit of the year.
whiskeyriver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby BoBtheMule » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm

I didn't meanCabrera wouldn't be signed, I wouldn't bank on him signing for a starting job... that's for sure. What team is in the market for him? Texas and Cleveland were probably the best options but both aren't available now with the vizquel/derosa deals. I do think he'll sign, I don't think it'll be until mid-springtraining though.

Honestly, Tejada and Cabrera are about the same... few extra steals for cabrera, tejada more homers... same age, same decline. If I had to pick from the two, it'd be Tejada
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MikeeDee » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Tejada or Cabrera at SS would be fine. Good to have a backup though. I personally like Betancourt too if still available at that point in the draft. Sandoval's upsides good, but a backup plan is needed (think Hernandez or Navarro for instance).

As far as an assessment on how you did, that all depends on how many teams are in the league.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby whiskeyriver » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 am

It says right up there at the top, it's 16 teams.

And Oakland is looking strongly at O. Cab
whiskeyriver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 am

whiskeyriver wrote:It says right up there at the top, it's 16 teams.

One of us must have been drinking from that whiskey river cause I don't see it. :*)
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nurmal22 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 pm

MikeeDee wrote:

One of us must have been drinking from that whiskey river cause I don't see it. :*)

lol the title of the whole post is 16 team dynasty. No problem though. I needed a laugh today
nurmal22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 pm

nurmal22 wrote:
MikeeDee wrote:

lol the title of the whole post is 16 team dynasty. No problem though. I needed a laugh today

That shucks. I don't remember drinking a whiskey river. :-D

MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nurmal22 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 pm

lol The best part of this site is for stupid people in your league to read it. I planted two 2B names that I could use just if worse came to worse, and this guy picked them both with his next two picks. I love it when people mess up their own drafts trying to diddle someone else. He sure could have used some of the better players who were available. The truth is that their are still lots of usable 2b's after you get down to all the sorry ones that are left. It won't hurt me at all. I will not lose any stats. I simply choose the players I like to watch the most when the stats are basically the same. :-) After the top four, I will just choose which stats I think I need most and go with the highest total. This is in a way my advice to others who employ that strategy of drafting to keep others from drafting them, when the players are not good I mean, don't do it. Concentrate on building your team to be better. Get the best players available, or you are "cutting off your nose to spite your face" Advice for the day. What a dumbass
nurmal22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team