Seeking the Counsel of a Cafe Veteran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Seeking the Counsel of a Cafe Veteran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seeking the Counsel of a Cafe Veteran

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 am

So I'm going to go out on a limb here... I am the Commissioner of NCAA Fantasy Baseball (you may have seen my thread in the Classifieds section), which is entering its 3rd season. It started two years ago with a Big East-themed H2H league, with 16 teams all named after the Big East teams, with fans/alumni of the various schools...hopefully you get the idea. Last year I added an ACC league. This year I'm adding Big 12 and SEC leagues. And next year I plan to have a "Big Dance" league that features the top finishers in each conference competing to be "National Champion" of NCAA Fantasy Baseball.

To accommodate all of this, I decided to draft an official League Constitution in an attempt to spell everything out in black and white and to make things streamlined and consistent across the various conference leagues. It currently stands at 8 pages and I've gotten it to the point where I'm happy enough with it to pass it around to other managers for their opinions. The thing is, I've never undertaken such a project before and there's so many different rules (including several that have been changed from last season) that I'm afraid I'm overlooking some things. So basically, I was hoping that one of the wonderful veteran members of the Cafe would be so kind as to review the Constitution and give me their honest opinion on what they like, don't like, potential area for problems, etc. Preferably someone who has experience running head-to-head pay leagues and has written a League Constitution before.

I'm particularly concerned with my roster positions (which I've changed from last year), the dues/payout structure, the keeper rules, and the overall organization/clarity of the Constitution. Understandably, many of my managers are generally resistant to changes to the rules, and it's difficult for me to objectively evaluate the merits of my personal preferences, so I feel an independent opinion from someone outside the league would be extremely helpful.

If you would be generous enough to volunteer yourself, please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you an e-mail with a more detailed explanation of my specific concerns and a copy of the Constitution attached. Any help at all is sincerely appreciated. Thank you very much.

-Steve
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Seeking the Counsel of a Cafe Veteran

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Still looking for some help here... Thanks.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner