Discussion: Type of League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

Discussion: Type of League

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 am

what are the eligibility rules gonna be? most my leagues are 20 games the previous season or 5 games the current season, but i'm fine with the yahoo standard too. either way works.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14132
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:10 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:what are the eligibility rules gonna be? most my leagues are 20 games the previous season or 5 games the current season, but i'm fine with the yahoo standard too. either way works.


we use yahoo, so i dont think we can go any other way :-?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:22 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:what are the eligibility rules gonna be? most my leagues are 20 games the previous season or 5 games the current season, but i'm fine with the yahoo standard too. either way works.


we use yahoo, so i dont think we can go any other way :-?


oh i had assumed it was customizable.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14132
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:26 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Went with 10 keepers (kept max four years) and a regular snake draft. I think we should postpone the minor league system until next year when our regular draft will be much shorter.


Is this what we are doing?

If so, ;-D
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11357
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby smoovethug » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 am

AussieDodger wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Went with 10 keepers (kept max four years) and a regular snake draft. I think we should postpone the minor league system until next year when our regular draft will be much shorter.


Is this what we are doing?

If so, ;-D


Yeah no objections here either. Looking forward to getting underway.
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8955
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:what are the eligibility rules gonna be? most my leagues are 20 games the previous season or 5 games the current season, but i'm fine with the yahoo standard too. either way works.


As Snakes said, Yahoo determines the eligibility.

The decisions on league format have been updated in the first post of this thread.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Probably for another thread but any indication when we're starting the draft. Sometime soon I'm assuming.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:56 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Probably for another thread but any indication when we're starting the draft. Sometime soon I'm assuming.


As soon as we hash out some other details, a draft order will be posted (don't worry I'm planning on knappl or another third party using a website - draftpicklottery.com - and having that randomize the order) and we can set a draft date. I'm thinking sometime late next week.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 am

just a heads up. im going to be away from 2/13 to 2/16. ill be able to check in from my phone, but it probably won't be as frequent as you'd guys would like if we're drafting.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Discussion: Type of League

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:just a heads up. im going to be away from 2/13 to 2/16. ill be able to check in from my phone, but it probably won't be as frequent as you'd guys would like if we're drafting.


Buddy system FTW. ;-D

I go away every so often for work, so I'll be using it.
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11357
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Boston
(4:05 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact