UPS Mishandled My Package - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UPS Mishandled My Package

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UPS Mishandled My Package

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:07 pm

baizboll wrote:The only delivery service that doesn't leave the package if no one is home is FedEx, and they leave a note when it will be redelivered...


If it requires a signature, the US Postal Service they won't leave it either.

Yeah it cracks me up when the UPS guy puts the mat over the package. :-b
Image
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: UPS Mishandled My Package

Postby baizboll » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Dadd gum it ... that's my mat!! :-P :-D
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

Image
baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Edge of LunaSea

Re: UPS Mishandled My Package

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Interestingly enough, and maybe my situation is different because I live in a condo and not a house...

FedEx will leave a package just leaning on the front door of my condo (not the building, but the door into my residence), while UPS will leave me notes saying they missed me, and will be back tomorrow, on my door frame. If UPS misses you 3 days in a row, I believe they drop the package off at the nearest Post Office.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: UPS Sucks

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Madison wrote:Sorry to hear about that KC. :-P

UPS leaves stuff in front of the door here, and while the neighborhood is pretty good, it still kinda freaks me out a bit since in most neighborhoods I've lived in, that package would be gone quick. :*)


this happened to me about a week or two ago. i bought a few things, with a value of around $200 and it was left in between my 2 doors. i really didnt like the fact they did it and a small part of me wanted to contact them to say i hadnt received the package and it was stolen, but i couldnt do that, but what if? im sure it would be a huge run-around and would take me forever to get the $ or items back.

Believe it or not, it wouldn't. One of my roommates' scheming little brothers, when we were in college, pulled a scam like that on a digital camera. He bought one, UPS delivered it, but he didn't have to sign for it, so he said he never received it; got another one sent to him for free, and then sold one on eBay. He was like 17 at the time, so I can't imagine there being much hassle, if he was able to do it easily.


im as big a schemer as the next guy but not something that could get me in trouble; but i did think about it O:-)
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: UPS Sucks

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
this happened to me about a week or two ago. i bought a few things, with a value of around $200 and it was left in between my 2 doors. i really didnt like the fact they did it and a small part of me wanted to contact them to say i hadnt received the package and it was stolen, but i couldnt do that, but what if? im sure it would be a huge run-around and would take me forever to get the $ or items back.

Believe it or not, it wouldn't. One of my roommates' scheming little brothers, when we were in college, pulled a scam like that on a digital camera. He bought one, UPS delivered it, but he didn't have to sign for it, so he said he never received it; got another one sent to him for free, and then sold one on eBay. He was like 17 at the time, so I can't imagine there being much hassle, if he was able to do it easily.


im as big a schemer as the next guy but not something that could get me in trouble; but i did think about it O:-)


i ordered a new Video Card from Newegg and was expecting it when i got home because i checked online for an update. no package...looked all around so i contacted them not UPS. they were in process of sending a new one when like 2 days later a neighbor brought it down (they were like 7 houses down and the address isnt even close). anyway i was honest enough to call Newegg back

PS how has no molestation jokes been made about this title?
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: UPS Sucks

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:PS how has no molestation jokes been made about this title?

Well the joke is the title.....seeing how the title has been changed.
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: UPS Sucks

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:PS how has no molestation jokes been made about this title?


They wouldn't dare.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Re: UPS Mishandled My Package

Postby baizboll » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:47 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Interestingly enough, and maybe my situation is different because I live in a condo and not a house...

FedEx will leave a package just leaning on the front door of my condo (not the building, but the door into my residence), while UPS will leave me notes saying they missed me, and will be back tomorrow, on my door frame. If UPS misses you 3 days in a row, I believe they drop the package off at the nearest Post Office.



Maybe it depends on how the driver feels that particular day. I've had FedEx tell me that no one was home at the same time that I was sitting on my porch waiting for the delivery. I had been tracking the package on the website and knew that it left the FedEx facility near my house and when I went back to the website to check it, it said no one was home.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

Image
baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Edge of LunaSea

Re: UPS Sucks

Postby jlm53089 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:00 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:PS how has no molestation jokes been made about this title?


They wouldn't dare.


I already made some sly comment, but whatever.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: UPS Mishandled My Package

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:01 pm

baizboll wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Interestingly enough, and maybe my situation is different because I live in a condo and not a house...

FedEx will leave a package just leaning on the front door of my condo (not the building, but the door into my residence), while UPS will leave me notes saying they missed me, and will be back tomorrow, on my door frame. If UPS misses you 3 days in a row, I believe they drop the package off at the nearest Post Office.



Maybe it depends on how the driver feels that particular day. I've had FedEx tell me that no one was home at the same time that I was sitting on my porch waiting for the delivery. I had been tracking the package on the website and knew that it left the FedEx facility near my house and when I went back to the website to check it, it said no one was home.

I've had UPS do that to me. Gone to leave my apartment in the early evening and seeing the note stuck to my door frame saying they showed up and no one was home, even though I had been in my apartment since 2:30 and the note wasn't there when I got home. :-S
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact