UPS Mishandled My Package - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UPS Mishandled My Package

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

UPS Mishandled My Package

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 pm

UPS has been trying to deliver a parcel to my place for a whole week. If their job wasn't to deliver, I'd understand them having trouble getting in the building, but they are UPS for crying out loud, their only job is to deliver. I have called them every single day this week asking what is going on and each day is a different excuse, the driver can't get in the building, my name isn't on the directory (lol), there was no one home (my gf's school is on strike, she's hardly not home). I can't remember the last time I needed a key to get in my building, there are so many people in this place that the front door is constantly open. I gave them the buzzer number, but apparently they can't figure out how it works. !+) :-[

At least they aren't leaving the package outside my door. I remember last time they did that, I almost had a heart attack. Where I come from, if you leave anything at someone's doorstep, odds are you will make someone very happy, just not the receiver.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: UPS Sucks

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Don't they have to fly it in and trek the rest of the way on sleigh dogs to get to your house? Cut them some slack... }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Thats lame man. Does UPS have "pick up" spots? :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 pm

They have UPS in Canada? 8-o
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Can you go to the depot and get it yourself?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:35 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Can you go to the depot and get it yourself?

I can, but it's -20 C these days. O:-)

And it's on the other side of town. I'm trying to arrange for them to send the package downtown, but apparently I need to request it at the UPS store first, which can only be done on Monday. Best case scenario, I'll get it Tuesday. X-I
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:42 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Excuses

I'm sure your g/f can go get it for you. Are her legs painted on? :-b :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby jlm53089 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:08 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:UPS has been trying to deliver a parcel to my place for a whole week. If their job wasn't to deliver, I'd understand them having trouble getting in the building, but they are UPS for crying out loud, their only job is to deliver. I have called them every single day this week asking what is going on and each day is a different excuse, the driver can't get in the building, my name isn't on the directory (lol), there was no one home (my gf's school is on strike, she's hardly not home). I can't remember the last time I needed a key to get in my building, there are so many people in this place that the front door is constantly open. I gave them the buzzer number, but apparently they can't figure out how it works. !+) :-[

At least they aren't leaving the package outside my door. I remember last time they did that, I almost had a heart attack. Where I come from, if you leave anything at someone's doorstep, odds are you will make someone very happy, just not the receiver.

I didn't know middle schoolers could go on strike. :-b
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:13 am

jlm53089 wrote:I didn't know middle schoolers could go on strike. :-b

HA! Awesome. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:18 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:UPS has been trying to deliver a parcel to my place for a whole week. If their job wasn't to deliver, I'd understand them having trouble getting in the building, but they are UPS for crying out loud, their only job is to deliver. I have called them every single day this week asking what is going on and each day is a different excuse, the driver can't get in the building, my name isn't on the directory (lol), there was no one home (my gf's school is on strike, she's hardly not home). I can't remember the last time I needed a key to get in my building, there are so many people in this place that the front door is constantly open. I gave them the buzzer number, but apparently they can't figure out how it works. !+) :-[

Did they leave a note saying they attempted to deliver the package? On that note (I had the unfortunate experience of working at UPS during the frantic 2 weeks before Christmas) it should list the times they will be back the next day.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Next

Return to General Talk