Ok, 1 more league... (Filled) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Ok, 1 more league... (Filled)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby Bloody Sox » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am

Oh, what the hell. I'm biased against H2H leagues, but maybe I haven't given them enough of a chance. Count me in. Shoot me a PM to confirm that I have a spot - thanks Jason!
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2148
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby J35J » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:53 am

****3 more open spots****
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby TheRock » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:20 pm

While we're waiting to fill, can we clarify a couple things? I like H2H leagues, but they often end up being more about "working the system" than assembling a good team. I.e. churning pitchers, punting categories, etc. I think the transaction limit helps with this, but it still seems possible for the playoffs to come down to which team has saved the most transactions. I would like to see a minimum and maximum for weekly innings, really helps both problems. Don't recall what exactly Yahoo! has available...
Image
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3055
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: America's Heartland

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby J35J » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 pm

TheRock wrote:While we're waiting to fill, can we clarify a couple things? I like H2H leagues, but they often end up being more about "working the system" than assembling a good team. I.e. churning pitchers, punting categories, etc. I think the transaction limit helps with this, but it still seems possible for the playoffs to come down to which team has saved the most transactions. I would like to see a minimum and maximum for weekly innings, really helps both problems. Don't recall what exactly Yahoo! has available...


Yup, thats why I like the max moves. This is also why I required 4SP and 3RP so you can't go all SP or all RP...you need both. I've never had min and max IP's for the week....what are good numbers for that? 15-20 min and 50-60 max? I don't know....?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby Kraftwerk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:13 am

Im up for getting my butt kicked by some experts.......thanks for the invite Jason, please count me in!

PM me the address for the entry fee.

Thanks again ;-D
Kraftwerk
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 264
Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby TheRock » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:27 am

J35J wrote:Yup, thats why I like the max moves. This is also why I required 4SP and 3RP so you can't go all SP or all RP...you need both. I've never had min and max IP's for the week....what are good numbers for that? 15-20 min and 50-60 max? I don't know....?



You need the minimum to be high enough that someone can't just throw all closers and punt W's and K's. But low enough that if someone truly has sucky matchups or has an injury issue they can still meet the minimum. As big as the rosters are I think I would go 25-30 for a minimum. The maximum needs to keep someone from burning through a bunch of saved up transactions and churning pitchers to win W's and K's. I think 60-70 should do the trick.
Image
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3055
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: America's Heartland

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby RAmst23 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 am

Looks difficult.. I'm in! I appreciate the invite, and very much look forward to this.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1986
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting on the steps of Busch Stadium

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:19 am

TheRock wrote:
J35J wrote:Yup, thats why I like the max moves. This is also why I required 4SP and 3RP so you can't go all SP or all RP...you need both. I've never had min and max IP's for the week....what are good numbers for that? 15-20 min and 50-60 max? I don't know....?



You need the minimum to be high enough that someone can't just throw all closers and punt W's and K's. But low enough that if someone truly has sucky matchups or has an injury issue they can still meet the minimum. As big as the rosters are I think I would go 25-30 for a minimum. The maximum needs to keep someone from burning through a bunch of saved up transactions and churning pitchers to win W's and K's. I think 60-70 should do the trick.


That looks fine to me. We'll do 25min and 70max.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ok, 1 more league...

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 am

Looks like we are down to 1 final spot. If more than 1 are interested go ahead and let me know just in case we have someone not send in their buy-ins.

I'll be PMing everyone where to send in buy-ins shortly...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ok, 1 more league... (1 spot left)

Postby JBal34 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:05 am

I'm in. Time to show Jason who rules fantasy baseball again. Let's get it on!
Are you tryin' to tell me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball...??
JBal34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kansas City

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact