Online Auction Site/Software - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Online Auction Site/Software

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Online Auction Site/Software

Postby adeehr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 pm

I know fantasy auctioneer does practice auctions before the season starts, but are you able to host a real auction draft on that site? Also are there any other recommendations out there to host an online live auction? I found Big time fantasy sports auction software, seems very basic, but may do the trick. I am just worried that it says in the FAQ that you can only have 4 remote people, when I want the whole league remote, just too spread out to get together in person anymore.

Also I read on here that sportsline may be doing that this year, but my league has never been all about the money, it's more bragging rights, and even at about $13 a person for the league they might scoff at it.

Any other suggestions, we've always done live auctions in the past and then this past year I used a webinar tool for the one guy in NY and the other in LA to see our live auction prices and then did a phone conference with them, but it was a big hassle.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
adeehr
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Online Auction Site/Software

Postby Matthias » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:48 pm

You are able to do a real draft at fantasyauctioneer; I've done a few.

I don't know about baseball, but some friends and I did a football auction on a free ESPN league this year. We ended up using someone else as our provider, but ESPN worked just fine for the draft.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby koondog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 pm

adeehr wrote:I know fantasy auctioneer does practice auctions before the season starts, but are you able to host a real auction draft on that site? Also are there any other recommendations out there to host an online live auction? I found Big time fantasy sports auction software, seems very basic, but may do the trick. I am just worried that it says in the FAQ that you can only have 4 remote people, when I want the whole league remote, just too spread out to get together in person anymore.

Also I read on here that sportsline may be doing that this year, but my league has never been all about the money, it's more bragging rights, and even at about $13 a person for the league they might scoff at it.

Any other suggestions, we've always done live auctions in the past and then this past year I used a webinar tool for the one guy in NY and the other in LA to see our live auction prices and then did a phone conference with them, but it was a big hassle.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have used fantasyauctioneer the past 4 years and the software gets better each year. I have no issues with it, except for the occasionally lag (have one owner in Taiwan). CBSsportsline now uses fantasy auctioneer for their auction software.
koondog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RagerXS » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:55 pm

Fantasy Auctioneer will not be available in 2009: http://www.fantasysportsbusiness.com/wordpress/2009/01/30/fantasy-auctioneer-to-take-a-year-off/

Anyone know of alternatives?

Fred
RagerXS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:24 pm

Wow. By the time they bring back on-line, they will have lost their customer base.

Bad move.

It looks like ESPN has free auction drafts for their baseball; I'd use them and then host the league on whatever site you prefer.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby adeehr » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:40 pm

ESPN thing is great news. I see people on their forums saying they can get into the 09 game, but I can't seem to get in. Can anyone else? I wonder if it's only open for leagues from previous years.
adeehr
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Hoyas1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Commissioners of 2008 ESPN Leagues have access to setup their leagues for 2009. It does include live auctions. There is a nice overview page for their auctions. Hopefully, you can access it from this link:

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/content?pa ... erview2009
Hoyas1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby RagerXS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Hoyas1 wrote:Commissioners of 2008 ESPN Leagues have access to setup their leagues for 2009. It does include live auctions. There is a nice overview page for their auctions. Hopefully, you can access it from this link:

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/content?pa ... erview2009

Unfortunately, the auction draft is available ONLY for 10 team leagues according to this link. Looks like CBS will offer their own auction draft tool for their leagues, but there doesn't appear to be a way to buy just the auction - you have to run your league with CBS.

Fred
RagerXS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby koondog » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Does anyone know if CBS is using fantasy auctioneer for their auction like last year, or do they have their application?
koondog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm pretty sure it's their own application.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner