Shamwow! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Shamwow!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Shamwow!

Postby wake » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:18 am

Curtis Pride wrote:Shamwow doesn't compare to the Tiddy Bear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1g2yKxb0I

I love infomercials. The best ones are the ones that make people who don't use their product look retarded.

A couple of my favorite examples are Slim Clip (The first five seconds- I love how the guy makes it seem he sat on a nail) and the hair remover product that shows someone shaving who has obviously never used a razor in their life.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Yeah, the Shamwow guy is annoying as hell. I don't know how anyone could have thought him selling anything was a good idea. I had a Magic Bullet for a while. It worked great. For about 2 weeks. Then the plastic rudders wore down and it was worthless. I suppose I could go buy some new ones, but I'll end up having to do that every 2 weeks. No thanks.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, the Shamwow guy is annoying as hell. I don't know how anyone could have thought him selling anything was a good idea. I had a Magic Bullet for a while. It worked great. For about 2 weeks. Then the plastic rudders wore down and it was worthless. I suppose I could go buy some new ones, but I'll end up having to do that every 2 weeks. No thanks.

well ill have to disagree. if it was some quiet old guy i doubt we'd be having a thread that is several pages long on a BASEBALL website about a cloth. go figure.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, the Shamwow guy is annoying as hell. I don't know how anyone could have thought him selling anything was a good idea. I had a Magic Bullet for a while. It worked great. For about 2 weeks. Then the plastic rudders wore down and it was worthless. I suppose I could go buy some new ones, but I'll end up having to do that every 2 weeks. No thanks.

well ill have to disagree. if it was some quiet old guy i doubt we'd be having a thread that is several pages long on a BASEBALL website about a cloth. go figure.

Kind of a any publicity is good publicity kind of thing I guess huh.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I don't know how anyone could have thought him selling anything was a good idea.

Sad as it is, he's perfect. Speaks clearly and loud enough to be heard, has energy, knows his script, and has the right look for someone selling a "new" product. And given the success of the product, kudos go to him and whoever hired him.

Pretty sure the headset part came from the in-store demos some sales companies do (the headset is a microphone so the crowd can hear them). Odds are someone said "why not try that on TV?" and boom, there you go.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Kind of a any publicity is good publicity kind of thing I guess huh.

righto...look at all the "terrible commercials" we remember and think about simply because they are bad.

the headset definitely came from the whole sales convention sales pitch thing. either way, he still looks silly.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:31 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Set it aaaand....forget it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSnaL_UgW9s

This is the only Ronco Showtime oven infomercial I could find. Don't think I found one for the Miracle Blade or Food Dehydrator he supposedly invented and pitched.

I have the Showtime Rotisserie, it's rad. B-)

My dad got it for me like 4 or 5 years ago, I don't use it very often but it is pretty sweet. It's really good for small game hens...now that I think about it that's all I've ever made in it. :-b

Oh and my dad got me the knife set as well, for cheap knives they ain't bad. The Ronco Rocker is actually pretty cool. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby smoovethug » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 am

ThatDude wrote:The Shamwow is nothing compared to the SlapChop.

You're gonna love my nuts.

The reason you're gonna slap away everyday is because it's so easy to clean. :-b

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 pm

And you thought your life couldn't be more complete. Here's the Vince soundboard for all your party needs:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/shamwow
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 pm

knapplc wrote:And you thought your life couldn't be more complete. Here's the Vince soundboard for all your party needs:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/shamwow

:-b That was fun

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk