League adding minors draft, please help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

League adding minors draft, please help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: League adding minors draft, please help

Postby converge241 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:38 am

[/quote]

Your the commish of the league and you won't even let your leaguemates know who is eligible? Wow! :-t[/quote]

Oh and to correct/clarify some points:

a) Might not necessairly disable it outright as one other owner just plainly said he wasnt interested without making a big deal out of it and will pass on his pick(s) (much like how teams do in the rule 5 draft for MLB)
b) To clarify I WILL be letting all owners know who is eligible and not, just after they give me their selection(s)
C) Cardinal you clearly know your minor leaguers as that is a GREAT list of prospects (no sarcasm), just pointing out that there were some who werent eligible under the stated rules in the 1st post wasnt a slap at you just a heads up to the poster that if he sees people hes interesting in on that list should double check them for elgibility instead of blindly going off a list
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 102)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ABA316 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 pm

No crying about having to research here. Read my initial post. I merely asked if the player does not appear in the league database, then where else might one go to confirm this information?

Plus it would help to be able to use the same search site as will be used to accept or disqualify the picks so I know that I am on the same page as you..that's all. I'm not looking for a big list of every Tom Dick and Harry who might happen to qualify for this as was stated before.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:59 pm

If a player has played 1 inning in the big leagues he'll show up in a player search on Yahoo....if he doesn't show up then there are no stats for him. Then you can go to career stats to see real quick if he played before '08...if he only played in '08 then you can go to Game Logs to see what day he made his debut on.

Thats all I got for ya.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball