Which Team Is Better? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Which Team Is Better? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which Team Is Better? WHIR

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:26 pm

12 Team, 5x5 Roto Keeper league. Which team is better so far going into the draft and what does the other team need to do to catch the better team? 10 keepers each.

Team A:

C -
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Brandon Phillips
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF - Manny Ramirez
OF - Matt Kemp
OF -
UTL -
SP - Johan Santana
SP - Tim Lincecum
SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Y Gallardo

Team B:

C - Brian McCann
1B - Albert Pujols
2B -
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS -
OF - BJ Upton
OF - Carlos Quentin
OF -
UTL - Ryan Howard
SP - CC Sabathia
SP - Brandon Webb
SP - Dan Haren
RP - Jonathan Papelbon

These two teams finished 1, 2 last year and come into this year as the favorites to win once again. So which team is better and what does the other team need? Thanks!
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which Team Is Better? WHIR

Postby MikeeDee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Team A by a mile. Both teams have 3 top 10 SP. Team A's hitting is more than good and already has good balance in speed and power and not unimportant, the toughest positions to fill are filled with studs. The only thing team A lacks at this point is a closer. Which is not a big deal at all since most offensive positions are filled.

Team B needs a large dose of luck to catch up with Team A if you ask me. That and concentrate on hitters!!!!

Which team is yours?
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Team A is more balanced and in better shape come draft day. Team B needs to focus on speed, which can be tough, especially when you take the other Cats in consideration. Unless the elite speed guys are available at the MI slots, there could be a ton of work needed for team B to be balanced enough to compete on Offense.
Honestly though, each team does have a nice start going inot the season. ;-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 pm

MikeeDee wrote:Team A by a mile. Both teams have 3 top 10 SP. Team A's hitting is more than good and already has good balance in speed and power and not unimportant, the toughest positions to fill are filled with studs. The only thing team A lacks at this point is a closer. Which is not a big deal at all since most offensive positions are filled.

Team B needs a large dose of luck to catch up with Team A if you ask me. That and concentrate on hitters!!!!

Which team is yours?

Team B of course, the team that won last year.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby KanePain88 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 am

I think it's a lot closer than the first two posters are making it out to be. Team B clearly has the power/RBI advantage over Team A. I'll venture to say Team B also has the BA advantage. Yes, Team A obviously has more speed, but I'm sure that will be a focal point for Team B going into the draft, especially with his Middle Infileld positions still to be filled.

Pitching is where I see the larger gap. While CC, Webb, Haren and Papelbon are incredible pitchers, Santana, Lincecum, Peavy and Gallardo are much better. It'll be next to impossible for Team B to match Team A's pitching. But let's break it down again. ERA, WHIP, and K's should go in Team A's favor, but I give the early advantage to Team B in Wins and SVs.

So let's take a look at the final tally...I have Team A winning Runs, SBs, ERA, WHIP and Ks. And I have Team B winning HRs, RBI, Avg., Wins and Saves. With WHIP, Avg. and Wins currently being very close.

Guess what, we have a tie, 5-5. It's going to come down to whoever drafts better or whoever makes the big move to win one of those swing categories. Obviously the first two posters really didn't break it down well enough.

Good luck this year!
KanePain88
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:12 am

DaShiz23 wrote:Team A is more balanced and in better shape come draft day. Team B needs to focus on speed, which can be tough, especially when you take the other Cats in consideration. Unless the elite speed guys are available at the MI slots, there could be a ton of work needed for team B to be balanced enough to compete on Offense.
Honestly though, each team does have a nice start going inot the season. ;-D

are you serious?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team