No doubt in my mind, it's just Sour Grapes. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No doubt in my mind, it's just Sour Grapes.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby justinA » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:59 pm

all speculation... whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?! EVeryone just wants a way to get on his back about an issue because they dont want to see their heros records broken. Got news for u, records are made to be broken. Honestly, would you not be rude to the fans and media when they are all over you, even during ST asking the same questions? He's a human too. I am not a huge Bonds fan, I think he is a great player and the one thing about muscles dont play baseball is exactly true. He has a great batting eye, a great baseball IQ, and then sheer power. THis is America right? Americas pasttime? Innocent until proven guilty.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:22 pm

Out of curiousity what would you guys need to have him proved guilty? I mean if you close your eyes to the facts that are already out there and all the circumstantial evidence then what will it take? A drug test? Bonds would have to be a complete idiot to get caught right now. And even if he did pee in a cup and have the HGH and THG in his system (IDIOT if he did) you guys would probably say that its just part of the witch hunt. His sample must have been tampered with cause he is black. blah, blah blah....You make it seem like being black gets you convicted of things. OJ is a free man cause he's black. A white guy would be fried by now. Take the race card out of it. It has no place in here.

My opinion is Bonds took steriods (along with Giambi and Sheffield) and it's not because I'm a sheep. It's because I'm not blind. 1+1=2 I don't need some one to give me a calculator to be sure of it.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:42 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:You make it seem like being black gets you convicted of things. OJ is a free man cause he's black. A white guy would be fried by now. Take the race card out of it. It has no place in here.

I agree that the race card has no place here but why did you play it?? To expand on your point, OJ is free because he's rich and because Mark Fuhrman is an idiot. Race had nothing to do with it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:55 pm

I am not a court of law.

To believe that anyone bases their opinions on a guilty-till-proven-innocent theme is ridiculous. Opinions and judgements are made constantly, and rarely do all of the facts present themselves.

Bonds is as guilty of using steroids as OJ is as guilty of murder.
I give a rats ass about what our flawed judicial system has to say.

Which leads me to a bigger problem than steroids in sports - the fact that our judicial system is simply a pawn of the wealthy. More and more people are comming to this conclusion, and the entire system could come into a reality check if the circumstances are right. Whether you want to talk about racial profiling, defense lawyers, or anything in between - the fact remains, if you have money, you can buy a better lawyer, and better lawyers can manipulate and bend the law for their clients. The basis of guilt is decided by the competance of the representation, and if thats not a signal for a flawed system, I dont know what is.

How many of you actually believe Kobe will see jail time?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:55 pm

I played it cause it had already been played. And was just trying to show how stupid it is in this day and age. And the funny thing is, people say the Bonds haters (you know, the ones that think he did it. Even though I don't hate Bonds I just think he took steriods) just don't want to see Bonds break records cause he's black. But isn't the homerun record holder right now black? So if he's breaking another black man's record then that argument is not very well thought out.

BTW, I think Giambi is just as much of a cheat as Barry is. The only difference is Giambi doesn't have any records and this is why he's not getting as much publicity for it. Also, I think Giambi doesn't have the support of guys like WRVERES to make a big stink about it and thats why he and sheffield haven't had to face the music as much. It's not Bonds haters it's just people that refuse to turn a blind eye like MLB has being doing for years. I'm sure if I went out there and posted a bunch of threads saying how innocent Sheffield or Giambi are then there would be just as many people telling me to shove it up my a** and look at the evidence. It's not a witch hunt it's just Bonds has supports which makes for conflicting opinions.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:03 pm

Kobe doesn't see one day in jail.

My question is this: Kobe's defence team says the girl is a huge whore and sleeps around. And that may well be true (not that it has anything to do with the case) but then why is her blood all over Kobe's clothes? Isn't a girl like that used to having sex and shouldn't her body parts be used to it. If the sex was consentual then why did she have the injuries while having sex with kobe? I don't want to get too graphic but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. And the defence is trying to say the injuries could have occured after Kobe with a guy she supposedly had sex with 15 hours later. Well then, again, why is her blood on Kobe's clothes? Doesn't make sense to me. But money talks right?
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:11 pm

I don't want to minimize Kobe's situation but isn't it common practice for a chick to change her panties in between shaggings??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers