Holds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Holds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Holds

Postby bcavaiola » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Good call on Adams in San Diego, I saw he was activated from the 60 day DL as well.

In regards to the Philly situation, Lidge gonna get DL'd - Madson moves into that roll and JC Romero will get his fair share of 8th inning work.

Romero has nasty stuff and the Phillies love him in the late innings. I expect a lot of holds coming his way over the next few weeks.
bcavaiola
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CAVscout » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 am

With Kelvim Escobar now heading to the bullpen, where does he project to pitch? Does he have value as a holds guy?
CAVscout
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Richie Rich » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 am

CAVscout wrote:With Kelvim Escobar now heading to the bullpen, where does he project to pitch? Does he have value as a holds guy?

Was thinking this too...BUT...They said he will go to bullpen or the DL lol which makes me believe he isn't fully healed...
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby B-Chad » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 pm

I would like to toss Sergio Romo's hat in the ring. Given that Merkin Valdez is a bit inconsistant from appearance to appearance, and the fact Bob Howry isn't very good, I think Romo could prove to be the RHP 8th inning guy to go with Affeldt facing lefties. His numbers last year were very good, and if you look at his stats for his short career thus far he is a better then 1 K per inning pitcher, and he walks almost no one. Not the most eye popping fastball, but he was throwing lower 90's when I last watched him, and he has a very nice sweeping slider, or perhaps slurve. He's a guy I'm keeping on my radar.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Skins Fanatic » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:25 am

Now that LaTroy Hawkins is out as the Closer, where does he rank as an 8th inning guy? IMO he's more valuable than a guy like Villaneuva who at best is splitting time as the set-up man.
Skins Fanatic
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CAVscout » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:45 pm

What happened to this thread....anyways if you're paying attention you already know about Mr. Phil Hughes and his new 8th inn. role
CAVscout
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CAVscout » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Any thoughts on where Saito could get traded to and finally start to pitch in meaningful situations (is his arm okay, can he pitch in back to back games?) Also is billy wagner a decent DL stashee is he comes back in mid-august? and what's going on with Kelvim escobar?
CAVscout
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:07 am

Needing a HOLDS shake-up I just added Jason Jennings. He has that important SP designation and can sit there. Also, he has 4 straight HOLDS. Also keeping an eye on O'Flaherty, too. He has 10 total.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 am

Jennings was just picked up in my league. Seay is still available on the WW as is Grabow, Thornton, Madson and Stetter. I'm looking for holds, K's and someone who isn't going to blow up my ERA every week in my H2H league.

Madson seems to have been getting beat up a bit lately, but the Phils will contend for the rest of the season and holds could be in his favor easily with a lot of K's. Stetter has been on a nice roll, but is that going to continue? Same with Seay. I owned Thornton for a short time earlier, but he wasn't really getting holds and quickly lost value for my team. Grabow, well, I'm just not sure I want to add another Pirate to my team (Capps is already killing me weekly).

Any thoughts on who to go with moving forward here? I'm leaning towards Thornton or Stetter at the moment...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am

RedSoxNation04 wrote:Jennings was just picked up in my league. Seay is still available on the WW as is Grabow, Thornton, Madson and Stetter. I'm looking for holds, K's and someone who isn't going to blow up my ERA every week in my H2H league.

It's atrocious in a holds league that Jennings, of all people, gets picked up but the guy who is tied for leading the MLB in holds is on the wire (Seay). Jennings is hardly reliable as well, whereas Grabow, Stetter and Thornton have been a little more proven and add a solid amount of strikeouts. You really could go with any of those guys, though Thornton and Stetter have been keeping the earned runs to a minimum. Seay seems to have cleared his head lately so he'd be great for holds, but since you wants K's as well, pick one of the other three. Oh, and please taunt that owner who picked up Jennings for me.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers