Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 3

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:26 pm

woot! nice work guys. i thought we were screwed going into night two, but them trying to kill a bulletproof and the vigilante managing to take out a mafia swung it big time.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Nice job guys. ;-D

ThatDude, I saw the no lynch thing when looking through the rules on Day 2, and realized we should have done it on Day 1 but it was too late by then, and then it never really seemed necessary again. If both The Show and Janitor claimed to be vigilante on the last day I suppose we could have used it to have the real vigilante be able to take out the impostor over night, but it never came to that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Show » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Dang.

Yea, GF was right I did know Janitor was vigilante when Day 3 started. Looking back I probably should of claimed to be bulletproof or vigilante. But when I put in my vote for janitor, I knew I wouldn't be on for the next couple of days and just decided to hope for the best.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:45 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Nice job guys. ;-D

ThatDude, I saw the no lynch thing when looking through the rules on Day 2, and realized we should have done it on Day 1 but it was too late by then, and then it never really seemed necessary again. If both The Show and Janitor claimed to be vigilante on the last day I suppose we could have used it to have the real vigilante be able to take out the impostor over night, but it never came to that.

wow i really wish i had realized we could do that because that would have given us an instant win on the last day rather than having to take a chance that the janitor was the mafia and theshow just didnt have a chance to get back on and refute his claim to being the vigilante. oh well, it worked out in the end, but that most definitely would have won us the game.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:57 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Nice job guys. ;-D

wow i really wish i had realized we could do that because that would have given us an instant win on the last day rather than having to take a chance that the janitor was the mafia and theshow just didnt have a chance to get back on and refute his claim to being the vigilante. oh well, it worked out in the end, but that most definitely would have won us the game.

No that wouldn't have been a guaranteed win, since Show could have hookered the vig and shot you for the 2nd time, leaving just vig/bulletproof/hooker. Show and Janitor would have crossvoted again, leaving the game decision in Teddy's hands.

The time it would have really mattered is the first couple days. Instead of killing all of your investigative roles without getting a single piece of information (Show hookered Snakes night 1, so there were exactly zero investigations), they might have been able to learn something if you guys hadn't lynched.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:49 am

fwiw i think gf played a poor game. he got set on me as a mafia for the first two days and tried his hardest to run with it without opening his eyes to anything else. maybe im taking it a tad personal, but thats just my opinion.

<3

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 am

Snakes Gould wrote:fwiw i think gf played a poor game. he got set on me as a mafia for the first two days and tried his hardest to run with it without opening his eyes to anything else. maybe im taking it a tad personal, but thats just my opinion.

<3

Well....if you hadn't got hookered night 1, your report would have looked like this...

"After investigations, you believe that GiantsFan14 is sided with the mafia."

Of course he wasn't, but you were the Insane Cop.

It really would have been interesting, to me anyway, how the cops behaved in this game, but they never got any kind of chance. I don't remember if I mentioned anything about posting those PM'ed reports, but as far as I'm concerned it's a legit tactic. Of course, they could have easily been faked, so that would have to factor into lynching decisions as well.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:32 am

Snakes Gould wrote:fwiw i think gf played a poor game. he got set on me as a mafia for the first two days and tried his hardest to run with it without opening his eyes to anything else. maybe im taking it a tad personal, but thats just my opinion.

<3

well we didn't really have much to go on, so i took what i thought were a few subtle hints of your guilt through your posts and ran with it. i don't see what else i'm supposed to do when the game is going nowhere and we have no real information that we can use.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:26 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:

<3

well we didn't really have much to go on, so i took what i thought were a few subtle hints of your guilt through your posts and ran with it. i don't see what else i'm supposed to do when the game is going nowhere and we have no real information that we can use.

Not lynching the cops on the first two days might have been a way to get some information.....
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:35 am

ThatDude wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

<3

Not lynching the cops on the first two days might have been a way to get some information.....

maybe if the cops didn't act so suspicious we wouldn't have lynched them.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk