Woman gets her girly-bits ruined by water - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Woman gets her girly-bits ruined by water

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Woman gets her girly-bits ruined by water

Postby ThatDude » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:00 pm

That's the polite way to say it.

The actual headline is a bit more blunt.

Yang and her friends were playing in the water fountain area and enjoying the light burst of water that would spray them. All of a sudden, while Yang was struck by a powerful burst of water that threw her into the air.

After the fall, Yang experienced extreme stomach pains and was bleeding badly. She was immediately taken to the hospital to undergo medical care.

The doctor said that the fountains water pressure had torn her vagina and damaged her intestines.

During the following 7 months, Yang received 3 surgeries to repair the damage, which left her some pretty bad scars.

Yang is suing the owners of the fountain for around $24,500 in damages.

All the pictures behind that link are work-safe, but they all ain't exactly pretty.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Woman gets her girly-bits ruined by water

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 pm

I was expecting this to be another Carl Pavano thread. :-?
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Tavish » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 pm

ThatDude wrote:All the pictures behind that link are work-safe, but they all ain't exactly pretty.

No thanks.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby thedude » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Only $24,500? Seems low considering the level of disfigurement even taking into account the low standard of living.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:44 pm

If playing in the water is allowed, then she should be paid the money (and then some). It's a tiny sum and doesn't come anywhere close to making up for the damage shown in the pictures (and I'm not even sure there's a financial way to even that out, she's scarred for life and it isn't pretty at all).

If people are not supposed to play in the water, then she did it at her own risk and isn't entitled to anything. But the company could grab some good press by paying the paltry $24,500.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ThatDude » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Madison wrote:If playing in the water is allowed, then she should be paid the money (and then some). It's a tiny sum and doesn't come anywhere close to making up for the damage shown in the pictures (and I'm not even sure there's a financial way to even that out, she's scarred for life and it isn't pretty at all).

If people are not supposed to play in the water, then she did it at her own risk and isn't entitled to anything. But the company could grab some good press by paying the paltry $24,500.

Maybe they don't have an "emotional suffering" clause for lawsuits in China. I have no idea.

But there's no debating that those scars are something fierce.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:36 pm

is it wrong that i lol'd when i read the real headline?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:42 pm

not exactly what I thought when I read the title. Honestly, I didn't know what to think. Ouch, I guess.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:01 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:is it wrong that i lol'd when i read the real headline?

if it is, count me in as wrong as well.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby markj11 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:28 am

ThatDude wrote:
Madison wrote:If playing in the water is allowed, then she should be paid the money (and then some). It's a tiny sum and doesn't come anywhere close to making up for the damage shown in the pictures (and I'm not even sure there's a financial way to even that out, she's scarred for life and it isn't pretty at all).

Maybe they don't have an "emotional suffering" clause for lawsuits in China. I have no idea.

But there's no debating that those scars are something fierce.

I guess Asian's aren't as money hungry as North Americans. That amt is probably just to cover the medical expenses. If that happened in US that figure would easily be multi million. I never can understand how money helps "emotional suffering".
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk