12-Team, 5x5 Roto Keeper League needs Owner ($75 fee) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

12-Team, 5x5 Roto Keeper League needs Owner ($75 fee)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12-Team, 5x5 Roto Keeper League needs Owner ($75 fee)

Postby rmande09 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi guys,

I am the commissioner of the Silver City Fantasy Baseball League. The SCFBL is a 12-team keeper league that will be entering its third year in 2009. There is a $75 entry fee. One of our owners just left and we are in need of a replacement. Let me give you some of the basics of our league:

-Each team keeps six MLB players from year-to-year. As of now, we are voting on how many times a player can be kept, and it is between three and four times. This would essentially allow an owner to have a player for four or five years. A "keep" is done in the offseason, so if there is a max of three keeps allowed, you can have the player for four years. For example. I drafted Ryan Howard in our first year, 2007. I kept him after the 2007 season, and after the 2008 season. That is two keeps. I will now have him for 2009, and, assuming I don't trade him, will likely keep him after 2009 and have him for 2010. That is three keeps, and he is had for four years. However, the guys in our league really, really like to trade, so turnover is extremely high and it does not appear that losing a top player to FA due to the keeper restrictions will be a problem.

-There is a Minor League system. Each GM is allowed to have a Minor League squad consisting of eight players. When one of the MiLB players gets called to the Big Leagues, to GM may promote this player to his fantasy squad and replace him with a MiLB player on his Minors squad. When one of these promoted players passes the rookie minimum (130 AB or 50 IP for the SCFBL), he becomes a farm keeper. Farm keepers are players that can be had for TWO additional years after the rookie season for free, without counting against the six MLB keepers. This helps increase the time and attention spent on the Minor League system. It has worked out quite effectively. When a farm keeper finishes his farm years, regular keeper rules apply.

-There is a Franchise Player rule. It allows a GM to franchise a player who has just graduated from his farm keeper status (after his third MLB season) and basically keep this player for as long as the GM desires. It occupies one of the six slots, and the tag can only be placed on a player after his farm years have ended. It cannot be placed on a player who has already ended his farm years; for example, Alex Rodriguez would not be eligible to be franchised at this point. A GM may remove the franchise tag from the player whenever he wants. The GM may keep a player who has had his tag removed for ONE more year, but that player MUST enter the free agent pool in the following offseason regardless of trade. If a franchised player is traded, his tag is automatically removed and the GM who received the player cannot franchise him.

-As mentioned, it is a 12-team league that is very active. Standard 5x5 categories with standard positions, 25-man rosters.

Now for team specifics. The team being taken over finished in 2nd place last year, so you would have a pretty solid core of players. At quick glance, the six he'd be keeping are Berkman, Dye, Utley, Chipper, Youkilis, and Torii Hunter/James Shields/Ben Sheets/Scott Kazmir/Billingsley. He also has Matt Wieters on the MiLB club. Utley, Hunter, and Sheets have been kept once. The others were not kept. In the MLB draft, you have the 11th pick after keepers (so essentially the 7th round) and it is a snake-style draft. In the MiLB draft, he also has the 11th overall pick, with a snake-style draft, but he also traded for the 2nd overall pick, which is a pretty nice pick for this draft.

If you are interested, please contact me at anderson.ryan.09@gmail.com or post here. Please give me your fantasy background in the e-mail so I can ensure that you would be competitive in this league. Let me know what kind of leagues you have been in as well, and how much/if you follow the Minors at all. When you e-mail me, I'll get back to you with more specifics on the team, league, etc., and direct you to our forum where we have a full Constitution and where we maintain Minor League rosters, have trade discussions, vote on rule changes, etc. Thanks a lot.

-Ryan
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12-Team, 5x5 Roto Keeper League needs Owner ($75 fee)

Postby PGEMF » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Left you a PM
PGEMF
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: 12-Team, 5x5 Roto Keeper League needs Owner ($75 fee)

Postby SenPalpatine » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:39 pm

PM sent
SenPalpatine Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Classifieds