Rate my team 10 team dynasty WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team 10 team dynasty WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team 10 team dynasty WHIR

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 pm

i finished in 5th place last year after my team had the 3rd seed and lost to 6th seed in playoffs due to my offense becoming completely stagnant. i made 2 big trades at the end of the year to get hamels and morneau, haren. it is a 10 team h2h DYNASTY league year 2. i now have outstanding pitching but have a hole at 2B and could use another UTIL player. i thought about trading joba or kershaw to get go get a hitting stud like brandon phillips, ian kinsler, possibly arod or wright, or bruce or longoria. i plan on opening the season by trying to trade kershaw for arod or kershaw for longoria..we'll see what happens. also have to play the wire for a closer. i have the 5th pick in a 2 round rookie draft so i will probably get a decent player like mccutchen if he is in the player pool..if not i will pass on my pick and will get the number 1 waiver priority for the season. let me know what i should improve:

C Brian McCann
1B Justin Morneau
2B Ian Stewart
3B Chris Davis
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Ryan Braun
OF Matt Kemp
OF Corey Hart
UTIL James Loney
UTIL Stephen Drew
BN Howie Kendrick
BN Matt Antonelli
BN Kila Ka'aihue (will drop him once season starts...he will be in AAA all year)
I have 2 open roster spots soi can pick up some more hitters

SP Cole Hamels
SP Chad Billingsley
RP Matt Capps
RP Joey Devine
P Chris Perez
P Jose Arredondo
P Open spot here-will add Jason Motte
BN Dan Haren
BN Joba Chamberlain
BN Clayton Kershaw
BN Adam Wainwright
BN Josh Johnson
BN Chris Volstad
BN Chien-ming Wang
BN Hiroki Kuroda
BN JA Happ
BN Ian Kennedy

traded propects like fowler and rasmus to get those 3 studs at the end of the season and also opened up a lot of roster spots so i can make moves on the waiver wire. i had so much depth at the end of the year that i didn't have one player that was droppable so i couldn't pick up a hot player. going into the season i have 2 open spots and also will drop kila and will probably drop happ and kennedy if they don't make the rotation. guys i am targeting are jason motte, eugenio velez (i think he is a big 35 SB sleeper 2B), hank blalock, travis ishikawa, juan rivera, dallas mcphearson, and josh anderson as well as all the rookies added to player pool.

as always leave a link and i'll help you out as well.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 10 team dynasty WHIR

Postby rbranum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

your offense is barely average in my opinion...you definately have alot of pitching depth though..use this to your advantage and trade for some offense because that is definately where you are lacking!
rbranum
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MikeeDee » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm

I think your own assessment wasn't bad at all. You should target one or two additional hitters. Instead of dealing away young pitchers with great upside, I'd focus on trading someone like Haren instead. He's your #3. I bet for most other teams he'd be at least a #2. You'd still have the high upside of the two young guys you were considering (either could turn into a real ace and make your staff truly unbeatable). You can also easily shed one or two of Wainwright, Volstad, Johnson, or Kuroda. There's just no need to have your SP go ten deep.

That being said it means you should be able to go after some decent hitters with three of those guys. I'd also see if you can shed Antonelli and/or Kennedy in one of those deals. I don't expect either to make much of an impact. Kennedy's former succes in the minors was due to excellent control of a mediocre fastball and ok secondary offerings, he's lost that control. Antonelli has had one good season in the minors in 4 years. Maybe you can add them to seal a deal for hitters. Try to get at least one OF when you make a deal(s) since you have only 3.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chargerss24 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:15 am

Dan Haren on your bench? He's better served as trade bait if he's gonna ride the pine. Package Haren along with Stewart and improve your 2B. :-P Otherwise, you have a solid team. ;-D

Please help?
viewtopic.php?t=365727
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 125)

Postby Jose_Reyes_1_1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Way to much pitching, trade some pitchers for some quality fielders or hitters. Try and get Jose, he;s going to put up great numbers.
Jose_Reyes_1_1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team