Help Us Find A New Stats Service - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help Us Find A New Stats Service

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Help Us Find A New Stats Service

Postby Robot » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Can you go into more detail about your season with OnRoto.com. Last year was their first, right? Any bumps along the way? They seem like great guys and I used to love TQ.

RagerXS wrote:What actually happened with TQ Stats is they got bought by the same parent that owns Fanball, then it got rewritten (why ruin a good thing?) and blew up. Check out http://www.OnRoto.com - it's from the founders of TQ Stats and it rocks. It's already my favorite and they are very responsive and adding new stuff constantly. My second choice would be RotoWire, third choice CBS. Note, however, that for a redraft league that doesn't have odd rules you can't beat Yahoo's free service. Far more reliable and faster to use than ESPN or Fox.

Fred
Robot
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help Us Find A New Stats Service

Postby RagerXS » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 am

I didn't use them last year - this season will be my first. But I would advise anyone to check out the sample league and if it seems like a potential fit for you then setup a league and walk through all the settings, including asking any questions if you have any - their responses are timely. Then simply compare it to others you are considering. You may find sites with more features and you may find sites that are cheaper, but for me they are my clear top choice because the overall package is the most cost-effective for what we need.

One feature I particularly like is their FAAB system. Quite flexible as far as entering contingency bids (way better than CBS). But what makes it particularly nice for us is that we can include our waiver bids with FAAB bids and mix contingencies as follows:

1st Priority: Waiver claim Jones, drop Smith
2nd Priority: Bid $12 on Harrison, drop Smith
3rd Priority: Waiver claim Ramirez, drop Smith
4th Priority: Bid $13 on Martin, drop Smith

Fred
RagerXS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner