Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 am

people definitely are not into this game they same way they have been in the past. the old games were awesome.

vote: snakesgould
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14132
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:16 am

Snakes Gould wrote:soooo...nothing all day?

Vote: H0rt

who really cares at this point?

I actually forgot we were playing.

This isn't a vengeful vote, SG, but I genuinely think you are a baddie, and see me as a threat, as I brought up previously.

Vote: Snakes Gould
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24808
(Past Year: 373)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby ThatDude » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:people definitely are not into this game they same way they have been in the past. the old games were awesome.


Indeed.

I hope it's just a matter of timing and not disdain for trying new things out.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:39 am

not surprising to see you two vote within minutes of one another.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 am

Snakes Gould wrote:not surprising to see you two vote within minutes of one another.


why exactly are you implying here...?
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14132
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:46 am

i swore you off as a mafia early on because of your incessant blabbering, but now you may be in cahoots with hort. 2 mins within one another based on absolutely nothing usually leads people to thinking such.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:20 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i swore you off as a mafia early on because of your incessant blabbering, but now you may be in cahoots with hort. 2 mins within one another based on absolutely nothing usually leads people to thinking such.


i just don't see how people posting near the same time means anything at all. and it's not based on absolutely nothing, its based on all the small tells i get from each of your posts. i just get a general feeling that you're a mafioso, and its not like we have much else to go on, so i'm gonna gun for your head until i find out.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14132
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby wake » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:30 am

ThatDude wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:people definitely are not into this game they same way they have been in the past. the old games were awesome.


Indeed.

I hope it's just a matter of timing and not disdain for trying new things out.


I think the mafia games might need to go into another hibernation period until people regain some interest in them.

On a related subject, does anyone remember the game that Mookie created to try and keep the first Mafia period alive? I still don't understand what we were supposed to be doing in that one. :-b
Image
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1321
Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby ThatDude » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:40 am

wake wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:people definitely are not into this game they same way they have been in the past. the old games were awesome.


Indeed.

I hope it's just a matter of timing and not disdain for trying new things out.


I think the mafia games might need to go into another hibernation period until people regain some interest in them.


Certainly looks that way. Hopefully we can trudge our way through the rest of this first.

I'm thinking about posting all the night actions throughout the course of the game after it's over. Maybe that way people will be able to see the goings-on and be able to digest the happenings a little better.

And whenever the hibernation period is over, I'm bringing at least some of these roles back.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i swore you off as a mafia early on because of your incessant blabbering, but now you may be in cahoots with hort. 2 mins within one another based on absolutely nothing usually leads people to thinking such.

I actually thought that about him and you, with him tossing a 'whatever' vote on you, since nobody likes to vote for you, especially early on. Not to mention his vote was 2 minutes after yours was, so I think bringing up the timing thing is ehhh. It is congruent with trying to save oneself, though, in case somebody else is thinking same as I am.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24808
(Past Year: 373)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate, unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact