Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby ThatDude » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:* ThatDude, the Vigilante is trying to be the last person alive, like in previous Mafia games, correct? Or does he count as a regular townie and once all the mafia are eliminated, the town and he win together??

I thought the Serial Killer was always the guy trying to be the last man alive, not the Vigilante.

Anyway....The Vigilante is town-aligned, and wins with them.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:55 pm

ThatDude wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:* ThatDude, the Vigilante is trying to be the last person alive, like in previous Mafia games, correct? Or does he count as a regular townie and once all the mafia are eliminated, the town and he win together??

I thought the Serial Killer was always the guy trying to be the last man alive, not the Vigilante.

Anyway....The Vigilante is town-aligned, and wins with them.

Oh yeah, I got all mixed up there. Damn. Thanks.

Like I said, it's been awhile !+)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby TheJanitor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:So the mafia killed BigPimpin and the vigilante killed Northsider. Interesting that both of these people had votes on them during Day 1. I don't think the people who made these votes would then go and kill that person the same night, so I think someone was trying to set up both Snakes and h0rt. Not that means either of them are innocent.

I guess if this is the case the question is why the vigilante would want to set someone up? Either they weren't, or the vigilante believed whoever they were setting up was mafia, and this would be a good way to cast suspicion on them.

I don't remember the point I was going to make because now the only thing I can conclude from this is that maybe the vigilante thinks Snakes is mafia...I guess. :-S

Sorry guys, college starts back up tomorrow so I've been busy the past couple of days. I don't think this really makes sense because if the vigilante thought that Snakes was mafia, why would he even bother setting him up. He could have just killed him instead of taking a chance on killing a townie instead.
TheJanitor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:59 pm

TheJanitor wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:So the mafia killed BigPimpin and the vigilante killed Northsider. Interesting that both of these people had votes on them during Day 1. I don't think the people who made these votes would then go and kill that person the same night, so I think someone was trying to set up both Snakes and h0rt. Not that means either of them are innocent.

I guess if this is the case the question is why the vigilante would want to set someone up? Either they weren't, or the vigilante believed whoever they were setting up was mafia, and this would be a good way to cast suspicion on them.

I don't remember the point I was going to make because now the only thing I can conclude from this is that maybe the vigilante thinks Snakes is mafia...I guess. :-S

Sorry guys, college starts back up tomorrow so I've been busy the past couple of days. I don't think this really makes sense because if the vigilante thought that Snakes was mafia, why would he even bother setting him up. He could have just killed him instead of taking a chance on killing a townie instead.

You're right. I got confused somewhere in my post about the vigilante's intentions, but they are with the town and by the end I knew something didn't add up. !+)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NorthSider2 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 pm

but why would you kill me :-C :-D
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:18 pm

NorthSider2 wrote:but why would you kill me :-C :-D

Shhh, you're dead.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:15 am

honestly, i had (probably still dont) no idea what was going on, and still dont know if bp can come back or not. he's "missing" but is he alive?

im not a mafia. :-{

i dont think teddy mafia nor do i think giants is mafia. i wouldnt be shocked to see hort as a mafia man partnered up with the show at this point.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:28 am

Snakes Gould wrote:honestly, i had (probably still dont) no idea what was going on, and still dont know if bp can come back or not. he's "missing" but is he alive?

From the original role description....

Can make a person disappear. If the person he chooses dies that same night, the Janitor will clean up the mess and dispose of it. He will learn the exact role of the victim in the process, and that role will NOT be revealed in the game thread. There will simply be "______ has disappeared." Can only perform this action once in a game, so after he's done it, he essentially becomes a plain ol mafia.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 am

ThatDude wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:honestly, i had (probably still dont) no idea what was going on, and still dont know if bp can come back or not. he's "missing" but is he alive?

From the original role description....

Can make a person disappear. If the person he chooses dies that same night, the Janitor will clean up the mess and dispose of it. He will learn the exact role of the victim in the process, and that role will NOT be revealed in the game thread. There will simply be "______ has disappeared." Can only perform this action once in a game, so after he's done it, he essentially becomes a plain ol mafia.

i get what's going on in the actual game but i have no idea how to analyze it or process it in terms of why/who. it took quite a few games of mafia to hone my skills and with these roles, im sure it requires the same amount of time.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:12 am

soooo...nothing all day?

Vote: H0rt

who really cares at this point?

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk