100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 pm

ThatDude wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:and i bet a more traditional version may start back up

I hope these new roles don't just get tossed aside after a single small-ish game. I think there's some damn good potential in there, and I'd like to see them get at least a fair shot.

Anyway....back to your regularly scheduled game, already in progress.

i dont think they will, but i just think that could be a reason why this game is stalling a little bit. people could still not get the grasp of the new roles.

GF is gunning for me as a mafia. a mafia tends to not gun for anyone, putting their necks on the line, so im going to say that GF isnt a mafia, nor am i, so thats 2 innocents i can count.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:52 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Okay, after reviewing the different roles in the sign-up thread, it seems obvious that the mafia killed and disposed of Big Pimpin, so we don't get to know what his role was, and that the Vigilante killed NorthSider, since we were given his role. We have now lost both our Cop and our Insane Cop, though we were never told which was which, so it seems wise, at this time, if the Amnesiac would assume one of those roles, so we can at least do some night investigating -- unless you want to roll the dice and see if we lose the Doctor, and take that role over.

To recap, the roles we have remaining are Doctor, Bulletproof x2, Vigilante, Amnesiac, and both mafia roles (Janitor and Hooker) -- except one of those belonged to BP, so we're minus 1 there, and we don't know which. Now that the Janitor has presumably used his power to dispose of BP, he'll just be a regular Mafia -- ThatDude, if I am completely off here, please point it out -- I'm still referring to the Sign-Up Thread to read about the roles.

I'm going to take a look back at Day 1 and see if any links jump out.

Since this is a new experience for everyone....

That is one possibility.

Another possibility is that Northsider was the Amnesiac, claimed the dead Cop role last night, and was then killed.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Show » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:59 pm

My only initial thoughts going into Day 2 are:

-BP wasn't mafia since he was killed by the mafia. He also didn't say much (or at least much serious stuff) so why would the mafia kill him?

-Teddy was really anxious to kill someone. Could he be mafia saying he wants to move the game along just as an excuse?

-Hort flipped flopped saying we should be cautious with our voting but then became the first guy to vote WaC off. Could he be using the "Lets get this game going" excuse too?

I'll go back to Day 1 and see what else is there--although I expect to find more clues in the night action than Day 1.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby NorthSider2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm

I was gone for just a little bit and i show up dead :,-(

i barely got to play :-C
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20 am

ThatDude wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Okay, after reviewing the different roles in the sign-up thread, it seems obvious that the mafia killed and disposed of Big Pimpin, so we don't get to know what his role was, and that the Vigilante killed NorthSider, since we were given his role. We have now lost both our Cop and our Insane Cop, though we were never told which was which, so it seems wise, at this time, if the Amnesiac would assume one of those roles, so we can at least do some night investigating -- unless you want to roll the dice and see if we lose the Doctor, and take that role over.

To recap, the roles we have remaining are Doctor, Bulletproof x2, Vigilante, Amnesiac, and both mafia roles (Janitor and Hooker) -- except one of those belonged to BP, so we're minus 1 there, and we don't know which. Now that the Janitor has presumably used his power to dispose of BP, he'll just be a regular Mafia -- ThatDude, if I am completely off here, please point it out -- I'm still referring to the Sign-Up Thread to read about the roles.

I'm going to take a look back at Day 1 and see if any links jump out.

Since this is a new experience for everyone....

That is one possibility.

Another possibility is that Northsider was the Amnesiac, claimed the dead Cop role last night, and was then killed.

yikes. this game is making me dizzy. i see now i think.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby ThatDude » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:58 am

Snakes Gould wrote:yikes. this game is making me dizzy. i see now i think.

Really?

I honestly didn't think adding some variety would be this much of a shock to the systems. Sure, it's a little different, but the goals for each group are still the same.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Show » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Having all these roles does make it interesting but because we haven't had a mafia game in a while, we probably should of started out slow. Instead of introducing all these roles all at once, maybe you should of introduced them one or two at a time so that we could of gotten a feel for each.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 pm

So the mafia killed BigPimpin and the vigilante killed Northsider. Interesting that both of these people had votes on them during Day 1. I don't think the people who made these votes would then go and kill that person the same night, so I think someone was trying to set up both Snakes and h0rt. Not that means either of them are innocent.

I guess if this is the case the question is why the vigilante would want to set someone up? Either they weren't, or the vigilante believed whoever they were setting up was mafia, and this would be a good way to cast suspicion on them.

I don't remember the point I was going to make because now the only thing I can conclude from this is that maybe the vigilante thinks Snakes is mafia...I guess. :-S
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm

i'm still pretty convinced that snakes is mafia. just a bit here and there from posts he has made and the way the killings went down.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 809)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:31 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm still pretty convinced that snakes is mafia. just a bit here and there from posts he has made and the way the killings went down.

This is the feeling I have, as well. The only reason I'm hesitant is because having the vote on NorthSider just seems too obvious, and even then, would paint him as the Vigilante*, who we'd also want to get rid of (provided * is accurate). This sticks out to me, though...
Snakes Gould wrote:so bp is missing? what in the world does that mean? also, reading from the description, there were 2 cops and now both are dead, correct?

When I read that, it just came off as phony to me -- I was in the process of re-reading the sign-up thread, so I had assumed I was right on what the missing part meant, but it just rubbed me as him being the Janitor, fully aware of what he had done, and playing the IDK card.

Speaking of The Janitor, where's he been? It's hard to vote off another quiet type, since we're already down 3 townies to begin with, but I'm afraid he may just be trying to see how long he can skate by, knowing we'll be hesitant to roll the dice the way we did in Day 1. If we are able to nab one mafia, though, I think we have an enormous chance at winning this thing, especially with the Vigilante still alive -- though they figuring out who that is becomes the question, provided * is the correct assumption, again.

I dunno, it's been awhile, I think we all may be a little rusty here. :-/

I'm not ready to vote, there are so many I am suspicious of, but right now I am most suspicious of Snakes; but I generally am anyway.

* ThatDude, the Vigilante is trying to be the last person alive, like in previous Mafia games, correct? Or does he count as a regular townie and once all the mafia are eliminated, the town and he win together??
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 813)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk