Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby ThatDude » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:20 pm

The villagers wake up to find Northsider2, a Cop, dead in the streets.

Those that survived the night quickly noticed that Big Pimpin was missing, and after a lengthy search for him, he remains missing. With the surrounding swamps, pig farms, volcanoes, and tribes of cannibals, it's a near-certainty that whatever is left of him will never be found.

With 6 players left, 4 votes equals a deathening.

1. Teddy Ballgame
2. bigh0rt
3. GiantsFan14
4. TheJanitor
5. The Show
6. Snakes
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Expansion Pack - Day 2

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:13 am

so bp is missing? what in the world does that mean? also, reading from the description, there were 2 cops and now both are dead, correct?

im not trying to be coy, play dumb (no smart comments peanut gallary), or anything like that. i just am still grasping these new roles.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:52 am

I made a post in day one - maybe we can reconsider restarting? Since nothing was accomplished except for impatient people kicking me out without actually playing the game, and now BP has not really been involved, I think it might not be a bad decision in the interests of long-term gameplay. I'll be around fastidiously now that I'm getting into baseball mode and switching sides for the next 7-8 months, that much I can guarantee ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:57 am

WaCougMBS wrote:I made a post in day one - maybe we can reconsider restarting? Since nothing was accomplished except for impatient people kicking me out without actually playing the game, and now BP has not really been involved, I think it might not be a bad decision in the interests of long-term gameplay. I'll be around fastidiously now that I'm getting into baseball mode and switching sides for the next 7-8 months, that much I can guarantee ;-D

"Kicking people out" is a fairly integral part of the game, and it seems rather odd to say that the people playing the game weren't actually playing the game, when in fact you were the only one that hadn't contributed anything. You've made more than a handful of posts in other sections of this board since the game began, and I know you got the PM telling you the game was beginning.

But look at it this way.....this game probably won't last too much longer with only 6 people left, and if there's enough interest, maybe another will start up. If you're still around, you can probably jump in that one.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:03 am

ThatDude wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I made a post in day one - maybe we can reconsider restarting? Since nothing was accomplished except for impatient people kicking me out without actually playing the game, and now BP has not really been involved, I think it might not be a bad decision in the interests of long-term gameplay. I'll be around fastidiously now that I'm getting into baseball mode and switching sides for the next 7-8 months, that much I can guarantee ;-D

"Kicking people out" is a fairly integral part of the game, and it seems rather odd to say that the people playing the game weren't actually playing the game, when in fact you were the only one that hadn't contributed anything. You've made more than a handful of posts in other sections of this board since the game began, and I know you got the PM telling you the game was beginning.

But look at it this way.....this game probably won't last too much longer with only 6 people left, and if there's enough interest, maybe another will start up. If you're still around, you can probably jump in that one.

Whatever man, there is no reason to be all high and mighty. Have fun and let me know when the game is washed up in a few days and you'd like more than 6 people...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:13 am

i think there are a couple things that need clarifying.

wacoug - you cant simply "restart" this type of game. actions were placed and some info has been given. people get "killed off" each day, and if someone doesnt post, they usually get killed day 1. the game is all about posting and picking apart what people say and what they do. dont take it personal. this game will end shortly, and i bet a more traditional version may start back up and we'll be sure to include you if you're willing to participate. maybe bring some of those chumps from the football side over ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Whatever man, there is no reason to be all high and mighty. Have fun and let me know when the game is washed up in a few days and you'd like more than 6 people...

nothing in his post sounds "all high and mighty" at all, you're just acting all butt hurt that we voted you off when it was your own fault. its not our fault you didn't attempt to contribute to the game until after you died despite knowing about it and having made posts elsewhere on the forum. if anything, it's pretty selfish of you to expect us to just wait around and do nothing until it's convenient for you to post. we waited 5 days before we did anything, which is a lot longer than most of these games go before a lynching, how could we know if you would ever decide to actually start playing?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:27 am

this killing is verrrry interesting...northsider had voted against me, and snakes had voted against northsider. now northsider gets killed which could mean a few things.

1. snakes killed him because it would seem too obvious to be him and i'd lose suspicion
2. whoever killed him wants people to think that i am mafia and that i killed him in response to him voting for me
3. somebody killed him to try and frame snakes since snakes voted for him last round
4. snakes killed him so i would lose suspicion in him, because why would he kill a guy who was voting for me when he should want me dead for accusing him

i think option 3 is probably least likely as it is pretty obvious. i also don't have much faith in option 1 or 3. option 4 seems the most likely to me. i still think snakes is a part of the mafia.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 am

Snakes Gould wrote:and i bet a more traditional version may start back up

I hope these new roles don't just get tossed aside after a single small-ish game. I think there's some damn good potential in there, and I'd like to see them get at least a fair shot.

Anyway....back to your regularly scheduled game, already in progress.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:27 am

Okay, after reviewing the different roles in the sign-up thread, it seems obvious that the mafia killed and disposed of Big Pimpin, so we don't get to know what his role was, and that the Vigilante killed NorthSider, since we were given his role. We have now lost both our Cop and our Insane Cop, though we were never told which was which, so it seems wise, at this time, if the Amnesiac would assume one of those roles, so we can at least do some night investigating -- unless you want to roll the dice and see if we lose the Doctor, and take that role over.

To recap, the roles we have remaining are Doctor, Bulletproof x2, Vigilante, Amnesiac, and both mafia roles (Janitor and Hooker) -- except one of those belonged to BP, so we're minus 1 there, and we don't know which. Now that the Janitor has presumably used his power to dispose of BP, he'll just be a regular Mafia -- ThatDude, if I am completely off here, please point it out -- I'm still referring to the Sign-Up Thread to read about the roles.

I'm going to take a look back at Day 1 and see if any links jump out.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Next

Return to General Talk