Anyone still play for fun? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Anyone still play for fun?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anyone still play for fun?

Postby pjalst » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm

jjl1211 wrote:i have never been in a free league where more than 50% of the owners are active - heck its hard to get the guys to stay active in a money league sometimes

What I've done over the years is play in a few leagues. I'd take the info of the most active players from each league and invite them all to play in My league. This greatly reduces the number of inactive players in your league. I actually have players( guys who I have never met) follow me to other leagues that I open, guys that I've played with for 5+ years. Using this strategy you can form active leagues. I've played in 12 team leagues where the turnover rate was 1-2 teams from year to year and the guys that did leave were still active of a majority of the season.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby redbax4218 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 pm

I play in a few money leagues (some bigger $$ then others) and I find the bigger money leagues are always more active because the owners care more about how much they put in.

I've never really tried a free league out of fear that it would be inactive to non-existent but reading some of these posts its got me thinking otherwise.

Anyone else have a similar experience they can share with me?

My league that was $100 last year was pathetic in terms of activity while my $450 league was a battle to the death until the last out with every owner. My league in-between at about $200 was right on par in term of activity compared to the other two. Not overly active but not pathetic.

Can I really find good active fun in a non $$ league?
"experience is something you get just after you need it"
redbax4218
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baizboll » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 pm

redbax4218 wrote:Can I really find good active fun in a non $$ league?

I would try to get together with people in here who say they stay active all season in free leagues. What do you have to lose? I expect to give that a shot this year. :-D
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjalst » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 pm

last season I was in a $25 league and you would swear these guys were playing for a $1mil prize. It was very active and competitive down to the final week of the season. Smack talk was flying everywhere, I'd log in to the yahoo site everyday and there would be at least 5-10 new post on the message boards. I guess it's just a matter of finding the right chemistry. If you find a league that you like, try your best to keep it together for the next season(s).
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Classifieds