Anyone still play for fun? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Anyone still play for fun?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone still play for fun?

Postby kev921 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Call me cheap, old fashioned...I don't care. I just play for the fun and not the $$$$.

Ask anyone league i've played on, i don't quit no matter how bad my season may turn out.

I know that there are tons of great people here at the Cafe and would prefer to stay among friends.

Would love to hear from anyone with a Roto, 5x5 League and Auction draft league (not a deal breaker).
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone still play for fun?

Postby ayebatter » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Yep, its still early, there will be plenty of offers here.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby baizboll » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 pm

I usually play at least one freebie on Sporting News - not 5x5 though. There will be plenty of posts in another 3 or 4 weeks I'm sure.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjalst » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 pm

kev921 wrote:Call me cheap, old fashioned...I don't care. I just play for the fun and not the $$$$.

Ask anyone league i've played on, i don't quit no matter how bad my season may turn out.

I know that there are tons of great people here at the Cafe and would prefer to stay among friends.

Would love to hear from anyone with a Roto, 5x5 League and Auction draft league (not a deal breaker).

I play in both money and free leagues. The problem with the money leagues is the players that are out of contention tend to become inactive as the season goes on. Like Kev, I'm active from opening day to the last game of the season no matter where I am in the standings. I commish a free league with 5x5, Auction and contract, unfortunately the league is filled, but Kev would be the type of owner I would target for my league. If you don't mind, I'll keep your name on file and contact you if i have any vacanies.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby nyrb4life » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:33 pm

We're one and the same. I don't think I'll play a money league unless I know the people in it. I'll still try if I'm doing bad because I usually get better the next season anyway.
nyrb4life
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pjalst » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Owners disapearing in a league is no fun for the top teams either. The trade pool becomes limited and you only see trades between the few active teams that are left.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mpsprtsnut » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:55 pm

I know the feeling.....I do play in a free Yahoo League usually, and I play in a live money league. I wait for a while to find a free league in which someone invites me, but now I am in a situation in which I want to be in a live auction or draft (face to face against other owners). So keep the faith, and enjoy the way that you play.

[quote][/quote] Baseball is life, the rest are just details.
mpsprtsnut
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jjl1211 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm

i have never been in a free league where more than 50% of the owners are active - heck its hard to get the guys to stay active in a money league sometimes
jjl1211
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby baizboll » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Whether it's free or a money league, there will be some people that go inactive. I've had to beg guys I work with that are in my league to pay attention ... and that was a daily chore. But when you are in an internet filled league where you don't know any of the people, it's a crap shoot how many will be active. From what I have found, the only place where 95% of players stay active until the end are the Pinetar leagues at baseballmanager.com. The only problem there is you pay $90 to play and get virtually nothing when you win a league. :,-(
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjalst » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 pm

mpsprtsnut wrote:I know the feeling.....I do play in a free Yahoo League usually, and I play in a live money league. I wait for a while to find a free league in which someone invites me, but now I am in a situation in which I want to be in a live auction or draft (face to face against other owners). So keep the faith, and enjoy the way that you play.

Baseball is life, the rest are just details.

I would guess that someone who takes the time out to go to an actual live draft is someone that would be active.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Classifieds