Rate my mock draft I just did - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my mock draft I just did

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my mock draft I just did

Postby Strong08 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am

I had first pick.. in a 12 teams... standard 5x5 with 2 c / 1b/2b/3b/ss/mi/ci/dh/of/of/of/of/of and nine pitchers. I like my team for the most part... specially if utley is healthy. I don't think I'll pick utley in any leagues this year... but did so here for the hell of it.

C Brian Mccann (4)
C Dioner Navarro (21)
1B Jorge Cantu (11)
2B Chase Utley (3)
3B Adrian Beltre (16)
SS Hanley Ramirez (1)
OF Carlos Lee (2)
OF Torii Hunter (9)
OF Brad Hawpe (12)
OF Jayson Werth (13)
OF Juan Pierre (19)
CI Troy Glaus (18)
MI Derek Jeter (8)
DH Mike Jacobs (22)
P Jonathan Papelbon (5)
P Francisco Rodriquez (6)
P James Shields (7)
P Edinson Volquez (10)
P Ryan Dempster (14)
P Jair Jurrjens (15)
P George Sgerrill (17)
P Almando Galarraga (20)
P Oliver Perez (23)
Strong08
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my mock draft I just did

Postby Crooked Pitch » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:10 am

A few thoughts...

1. Pick #48 might be a bit early for McCann. Did you start the catcher run or were you responding to it?
2. Pick #121 is too early for Cantu too. But, he is entering his 27-year-old year and could breakout. Good pick, but you might could have gotten him later.
3. I love the Utley pick. If he's ready for opening day, and healthy, he's a fantastic 3rd round steal.
4. Hanley with the #1 pick is the only way to go in '09!
5. Good pick of Hawpe in the position. You'll be happy that he fell to you there.
6. I'm worried about all the 1b/DH in KC, but I love that you got Jacobs in the 22nd round. He should be gone 3-4 rounds earlier.
7. Two stud closers, but don't expect Rodriguez to repeat. But you'll not have to look for saves at all in '09, PERIOD.
8. Dempster was a good pick for you in the 14th. He should be under 4.00 ERA again and get you 12 wins ans 150 K's or so. Solid at the #168 pick.
9. What was the Sherrill pick about? No saves (and even if you needed saves you could get them on the waiver wire) and a rough ERA for a set up guy.
10. A little early for Jurrjens, but if you're high on him he wouldn't have lasted back until you picked again in the 16th.
11. Fantastic final pick of Perez. Very nice way to bolster your K's in the late rounds.
Take care,
Knox
Check out my fantasy baseball blog at http://www.crookedpitch.com and/or follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/crookedpitch.
Crooked Pitch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Prospect One » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:51 am

Hawpe will have a down year, Werth still has question marks, HanRam is the best pull, solid pitching overall, and pray for Utley not to be on the DL for 3months.
Prospect One
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Strong08 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:25 am

Crooked Pitch wrote:A few thoughts...

1. Pick #48 might be a bit early for McCann. Did you start the catcher run or were you responding to it?
2. Pick #121 is too early for Cantu too. But, he is entering his 27-year-old year and could breakout. Good pick, but you might could have gotten him later.
3. I love the Utley pick. If he's ready for opening day, and healthy, he's a fantastic 3rd round steal.
4. Hanley with the #1 pick is the only way to go in '09!
5. Good pick of Hawpe in the position. You'll be happy that he fell to you there.
6. I'm worried about all the 1b/DH in KC, but I love that you got Jacobs in the 22nd round. He should be gone 3-4 rounds earlier.
7. Two stud closers, but don't expect Rodriguez to repeat. But you'll not have to look for saves at all in '09, PERIOD.
8. Dempster was a good pick for you in the 14th. He should be under 4.00 ERA again and get you 12 wins ans 150 K's or so. Solid at the #168 pick.
9. What was the Sherrill pick about? No saves (and even if you needed saves you could get them on the waiver wire) and a rough ERA for a set up guy.
10. A little early for Jurrjens, but if you're high on him he wouldn't have lasted back until you picked again in the 16th.
11. Fantastic final pick of Perez. Very nice way to bolster your K's in the late rounds.

Thanks for the really thought out response man, really appreciate it. Thanks for taking some time out of your day and giving me your thoughts.
Strong08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Prospect One » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:45 am

OH yeah Perez is still a FA......I am tapped on the Insider Info I provide. ;-D
Prospect One
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team