TV shows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

TV shows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TV shows

Postby jfg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 pm

I got a job at Comcast and got my courtesy services yesterday which includes two DVR boxes and all of the premium channels. Problem is, I don't know what to record. I don't want to jump in on the middle of a series.

So, I'm looking for:

Good shows that are starting in the next couple of months OR
Shows that I can jump in on without being lost.

Any suggestions?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: TV shows

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:57 pm

i have no clue what new shows will be starting. the new season of Lost starts in a couple weeks, but you would definitely be pretty 'lost' (lol get it?) if you haven't watched the show up till now.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 811)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:57 pm

well if you have on demand, it probably shouldnt matter, since you can jump back in wherever.

shows im going to start watching are dexter and the shield.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby ThatDude » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:well if you have on demand, it probably shouldnt matter, since you can jump back in wherever.

shows im going to start watching are dexter and the shield.

Two high quality choices.

A show I recently got into is Hustle, a british show about con artists.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 am

dexter owns so hard, i'm not sure when it starts back up though. definitely netflix the first three seasons if you have it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 811)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:04 am

i just plan on watching it online whenever i get around to it.

im still finishing up the wire with my girlfriend (ive already watched them all) on dvd so i think ill start something else up when we're finished. im trying to get her to watch true blood before it comes back on.

i dont really get into too many shows anymore because so many are crap and i dont have the time to watch them unless i can online. the only shows i make sure to watch(ed) are the wire, true blood, and entourage.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby jfg » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:20 am

There doesn't seem to be much new lately, probably an aftershock of the strike. On Demand usually only goes back to the start of the last season aired I think.

Anybody heard anything about that Will Ferrell HBO baseball comedy? That starts in Feb. I think. Anything on the Cartoon Network that is funny in a funny way, not funny in a weird way? How about that new show starting on Showtime, United States of Tara?

The only shows I know I'm going to be watching as of now are Lost (I've watched that one since the start), the Sunday night Fox toons, The Office, Flight of the Conchords, Friday Night Lights, Monk, American Idol (now that I can fast forward 90 percent of it), The Big Bang Theory and SNL. So, as you can see I'm big into comedy (that doesn't suck) but I definitely can get hooked into a drama- I just really can only handle a couple at a time.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:38 am

jfg wrote:There doesn't seem to be much new lately, probably an aftershock of the strike. On Demand usually only goes back to the start of the last season aired I think.

Anybody heard anything about that Will Ferrell HBO baseball comedy? That starts in Feb. I think. Anything on the Cartoon Network that is funny in a funny way, not funny in a weird way? How about that new show starting on Showtime, United States of Tara?

The only shows I know I'm going to be watching as of now are Lost (I've watched that one since the start), the Sunday night Fox toons, The Office, Flight of the Conchords, Friday Night Lights, Monk, American Idol (now that I can fast forward 90 percent of it), The Big Bang Theory and SNL. So, as you can see I'm big into comedy (that doesn't suck) but I definitely can get hooked into a drama- I just really can only handle a couple at a time.

I would find the 1st season of Sons of Anarchy. It was a very good show and only has about 12-14 episodes. A good set of shows to Tivo that you can jump into are a lot of the Discovery channel shows like Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch, Mythbusters, Man vs. Wild and Survivorman...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:48 am

jfg wrote: American Idol (now that I can fast forward 90 percent of it),

Really? I'm only interested in the joke singers near the start of the series. The rest is just carp.

Renaldo Lapuz and the guy who wouldn't leave singing Bon Jovi were highlights from last year.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:54 am

Monk and Dexter FTW.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero